Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth connection no longer allowing connection

Options
  • 02-06-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I have a HP pavilion laptop only bought this year. All was fine until a few weeks ago when it no longer allows itself to connect via bluetooth to any other devices. Device manager says all is working fine and after a google it has been suggested to others that it would need to be uninstalled and reinstalled. I have tried to disable all connections but this has had no effect. I'm afraid that if I uninstall it I might not be able to reinstall.:o

I'm really not the sharpest knife in the box technology wise and I all I want to do is transfer some pictures to the laptop because my phone is about to die on me and I'm afraid I'm going to lose them! (My phone is a crappy Samsung android if that's relevant!)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,989 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If its android you should just be able to plug the phone up using the phone's micro-USB charging port.

Have you tried connecting other BT devices or just the "crappy" phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Redmal

Hiya, thanks for the reply. It turns out my computer hadn't installed any updates. I had tried on a few occasions to run updates but nothing happened until yesterday. I don't know why they didn't run anytime I tried but it turns out I had loads of them when they eventually did!! I don't know why they hadn't installed but I think I have is sussed now.

Definitely time for a new phone.

Thanks again!

Advertisement