Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

move down to ordinary level on the day for my leaving cert

Options
  • 02-06-2013 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i am doing a honours subject and my leaving cert is next week but i want to move down to ordinary level now. can i move down on the day ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah it'll be no problem, just tell the examiner as they come around with the papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    You will also need a permission slip from your parent or guardian.

Really? I took a Home Ec paper on the day of the exam despite having given up the subject in 5th year, nothing signed was needed for that and it's more drastic than switching levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    You will also need a permission slip from your parent or guardian.

No. You won't.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I've deleted jamo2oo9's post. Don't spread that kind of false information days before the exams begin, please. You don't need permission slips!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Just be aware that some courses are slightly different with ordinary level e.g maths. But once you look up the ordinary papers online and familiarise yourself with the questions you should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

My apologies. I was given the impression that you did need a permission slip as my friend dropped higher history to pass and took in a note from his mam. Sorry folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

A d in honours is better than an A in pass - don't let panic force you into bad decisions the week beforehand .

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Is ordinary level maths much different? I failed the mocks so I'm still unsure :(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Is ordinary level maths much different? I failed the mocks so I'm still unsure :(

Yeah it's different, though I dropped higher level maths half way through the year and didn't study any ordinary level maths for the mocks and still got 68%. You should easily enough pass ordinary maths from being in honours so long but it is hard enough none the less

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,161 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You don't need a permission slip for LC, but be aware that if loads of your classmates have the same idea, you may be left waiting to start your exam as papers are photocopied. They bring a few extra for each level, but not an unlimited supply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

spurious wrote: »
    You don't need a permission slip for LC, but be aware that if loads of your classmates have the same idea, you may be left waiting to start your exam as papers are photocopied. They bring a few extra for each level, but not an unlimited supply.

I imagine they pack a fair few for Maths and Irish?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,161 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I imagine they pack a fair few for Maths and Irish?

More than the others, but not an unlimited supply.
    In a centre of 25 candidates, they wouldn't have 25 copies of each level.

Advertisement