Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn off incoming calls from 23:00 - 07:00

Options
  • 02-06-2013 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I have a siemens gigaset a580ip on Blueface fed by a DD-WRT router.
    I have a Dublin no. which is like a local taxi company hence receiving calls at 3AM.
    Is there an easy way to turn off incoming calls from 23:00 - 07:00 ?
    Thanks
    Maurice

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

No, not on the a580ip anyway. Have you tried getting Blueface to barr calls from that time?

One option is to put the phone on mute at 11pm and off at 7pm manually. Its not ideal but can be done. On the handset hold down * (the button with the bell) and wait to see the symbol appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

Thanks Mr. G
    I rang Blueface who were very helpful.
    The only time based thing that they do is an answering machine change thing that a lot of businesses would use at 17:30, but costs €65 setup and €10/month.
    I was looking for a setup via wwdrt or the gigaset or raspberry pi

I have used the mute button but on 4 handsets is a bit cumbersome and to remember to switch them back on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If you did something with the router you could stop calls from 11pm-7am but you wouldn't be able to make calls out either...

The best thing is to get a raspberry pi and setup time based routing so it would go to voicemail from 11 or whatever.

You could obviously change your number :)

Not possible on the gigaset.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭zg3409

Are you using the landline side of the gigaset?

If not, if you set up an ATA tied to the analogue input and powered this off (using a cheap plug in wall digital timer) then the phone would only ring during set times. For outgoing calls just use a second blueface SIP line.

Thus incoming calls, via the analogue input to the siemens, would only ring the phone at the correct times.

Advertisement