Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 1.4 petrol astra cuts out

Options
  • 01-06-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have similar problem,02 1.4 petrol astra cuts out,when 1st started,it would strart after 10 mins or so,then it was taking hrs,now its days,when it happens,the electric windows won't operate till it starts again,when I press the window button the dash lights dim an the light on cigarette lighter lights up,changed coil pack then egr valve and only last week changed crank sensor,fuel pump is kicking in so its not that,has anyone had this problem and managed to find what is causing it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

ger18 wrote: »
    I have similar problem,02 1.4 petrol astra cuts out,when 1st started,it would strart after 10 mins or so,then it was taking hrs,now its days,when it happens,the electric windows won't operate till it starts again,when I press the window button the dash lights dim an the light on cigarette lighter lights up,changed coil pack then egr valve and only last week changed crank sensor,fuel pump is kicking in so its not that,has anyone had this problem and managed to find what is causing it?
    I've one parked in the yard with the identical issues.. and no solution that springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

when I press the window button the dash lights dim an the light on cigarette lighter lights up

Is this when lights are switched off ???

Body earth strap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ger18

yes the lights are off,the strap from engine to body is it?,is there any other earth straps on these cars or just the one?,thanks for your reply.

Advertisement