Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permits and licences

Options
  • 01-06-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Does anybody know if you have a salmon and sea trout licence do you still need to purchase permits in areas that require them or will the licence cover this?
    Also are permits only required in areas that require them if only fishing for salmon or sea trout, or are they needed for all species?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Here you still need a permit from, or be a member of, the club controlling the river in order to fish it for anything. A salmon licence is also required if targeting salmon.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 toof

Last season I was wanting to go to Inistioge in Co. Kilkenny to fish for brown trout. I heard you had to get a permit from a local pub called O'Donnell's so I called them and they said if I was only fishing for brown trout I would not need a permit, that it was only needed for salmon/sea trout. I didn't get to go after but plan on going over the weekend but i am unsure about this. Does anybody know if its true?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

you ONLY need a licence if you intend to fish for sea trout or salmon, 56 euro for a regional one or 100 Euro for a national one which covers you for the whole of the republic. If not after either of these then nothing is needed as the rest of the game and coarse fishing does not need a licence

However if you are fishing in waters controlled by a club/organisation then you may need to pay for a day/week permit , it's always best practice to find out beforehand or ask locally before wetting a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 fishook

some of the permit charges are ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

fishook wrote: »
    some of the permit charges are ridiculous

Can you be more specific please?

Some people always want so much for nothing.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement