Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Slightly urgent - Removing Rear Seats Toyota Corolla

Options
  • 01-06-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

A family member is helping me move out of a flat tomorrow. Slight problem is that I moved in with a full Golf estate but moving out with a 2004 Toyota Corolla hatchback.

Can the rear folding seats be taken out completely in this car? I am talking about the vertical seat uprights, not the horizontal base.

In the Golf it is as simple as unlatching them at the hinge and pulling.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Everything can be taken out of the car actually, just a matter of effort. ;)

If you undo bolts on hinges, you'll take them out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

joujoujou wrote: »
    Everything can be taken out of the car actually, just a matter of effort. ;)

If you undo bolts on hinges, you'll take them out. :)

I agree with you, just asking a 60 year old to do it is another challenge haha. I am in the UK and they are boating over tomorrow you see. :pac: First world problems.

Cool, I believe the hinges can be seen by lifting up the rear seats backing as that is velcroed down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Bbk, were you on FF for a while? ;)

Jou suggested what I was going to say....!

dgt wrote: »
    Bbk, were you on FF for a while? ;)

No idea what that is apart from Firefox :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Fiatforum.... There was a user there with the same username

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    Fiatforum.... There was a user there with the same username

Ahhh, that wasn't me. Vdub all the way!!

TDI and whatnot :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Not sure to be honest - all I can see is a repair manual I have here. Take a look:

256451.png

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Paddy1951

Might be better get aneighbour witha van,,if you have problems ,with bolts etc half way through,,like what banjo player blarney mc kenna said when told in the pub it was quarter to four in the morning,,,ah it's to late to stop now.,, good luck p51

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Doesn't the rear seat fold flat? Lift up the base, I think it folds forward. Remove rear headrests, and fold forward. Should give you a fair bit of room.

Also, renting a van is cheap and saves your sanity.

MarkR wrote: »
    Doesn't the rear seat fold flat? Lift up the base, I think it folds forward. Remove rear headrests, and fold forward. Should give you a fair bit of room.

Also, renting a van is cheap and saves your sanity.

It does indeed, however every last cm^3 is needed for this move so any extra space with no seats is very handy. Got it all sorted with family storing things that are not urgent.

Sadly Paddy1951s neighbours van iead was not doable. Had trouble renting vans here before due to being under 24 of all things. Didn't think I could rent in UK and return in Ireland though. Worth investigating for future.

Main lesson, estates for the win =D

Thanks peeps!

• Advertisement
Advertisement