Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application to rathmines!

Options
  • 31-05-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey guys. I've applied for rathmines for next year for a repeat leaving cert course. Do you know how long would it take them to come back to you? And what kind of questions do they ask in the interview? I'm very nervous because I really want to be accepted. What standard should a student be at for them to be accepted...? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

GeminiBaby wrote: »
    Hey guys. I've applied for rathmines for next year for a repeat leaving cert course. Do you know how long would it take them to come back to you? And what kind of questions do they ask in the interview? I'm very nervous because I really want to be accepted. What standard should a student be at for them to be accepted...? :confused:

Hi i repeated in rathmines college this year! nothing to worry about its quite laid back. I only applied in august so i can't help you with time estimates but i will say that its not really an 'interview', they just meet with you ,discuss your subjects , what you hope to achieve ,its not really questions its more a conversation It is not about standard , they will accept nearly anyone once there are places and you show that you actually want to repeat to benefit from the year :) I really liked it there! so if you have any more questions just ask

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GeminiBaby

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    Hi i repeated in rathmines college this year! nothing to worry about its quite laid back. I only applied in august so i can't help you with time estimates but i will say that its not really an 'interview', they just meet with you ,discuss your subjects , what you hope to achieve ,its not really questions its more a conversation It is not about standard , they will accept nearly anyone once there are places and you show that you actually want to repeat to benefit from the year :) I really liked it there! so if you have any more questions just ask

How many students are there in ur year this year??
    And what are the teachers like? May I ask what subjects did u do??
    And finally, how many classes are there each day?

Sorry for overloading u with questions lol, but I am curious haha. Cheers!!

How many students are there in ur year this year??
    And what are the teachers like? May I ask what subjects did u do??
    And finally, how many classes are there each day?

Sorry for overloading u with questions lol, but I am curious haha. Cheers!!

No problem! i am happy to help. At the start of the year there was over 100 , maybe 120 students but it gradually dwindled, the average in each class was between 10-25 depending on the subject.There was quite a laid back approach in my year many had bad attendance so you just need to stay focused on yourself :) The teachers are great! the majority are really brilliant and helped me to improve bar one or two.
    I dropped maths and irish and studied business,home-ec,french,english, biology again and i took up economics this year.
    The timetable is different for each student depending on your subjects,some mornings i was in at 9 and off at 2 or 3 other days i was in at 11 and off at 4.

No problem! i am happy to help. At the start of the year there was over 100 , maybe 120 students but it gradually dwindled, the average in each class was between 10-25 depending on the subject.There was quite a laid back approach in my year many had bad attendance so you just need to stay focused on yourself :) The teachers are great! the majority are really brilliant and helped me to improve bar one or two.
    I dropped maths and irish and studied business,home-ec,french,english, biology again and i took up economics this year.
    The timetable is different for each student depending on your subjects,some mornings i was in at 9 and off at 2 or 3 other days i was in at 11 and off at 4.

You are so kind!! Hmm, that amount sounds decent enogugh!xD Lolz, would you recommend picking up geography or home ec?? What are the teachers for them subjects, do you know XP? Im aiming for med next year... So I have to sit all my subjects in one sitting. Unfortunately I can't drop English. From your subject choices... I believe you're quite good at English. :D is the English teacher good :0

You are so kind!! Hmm, that amount sounds decent enogugh!xD Lolz, would you recommend picking up geography or home ec?? What are the teachers for them subjects, do you know XP? Im aiming for med next year... So I have to sit all my subjects in one sitting. Unfortunately I can't drop English. From your subject choices... I believe you're quite good at English. :D is the English teacher good :0

Well i have never taken geography so i'm not sure,my friends did and they seemed to like it , they found the teacher fine , the project might be difficult? but theres the home ec project too , some people in my class struggle with home ec who just took it up so i might suggest geography? it depends what you are good at..
    I see.. i couldn't drop english either :/ i didn't have enough subjects but i am actually terrible at english :P i always have been but i think i have improved this year because i really liked the teacher! she was brilliant

• Advertisement

Well i have never taken geography so i'm not sure,my friends did and they seemed to like it , they found the teacher fine , the project might be difficult? but theres the home ec project too , some people in my class struggle with home ec who just took it up so i might suggest geography? it depends what you are good at..
    I see.. i couldn't drop english either :/ i didn't have enough subjects but i am actually terrible at english :P i always have been but i think i have improved this year because i really liked the teacher! she was brilliant

I'm torn between the two, I wonder if its safe to pick both because I need six strong subjects... And English is defo not one for me ._. I think I've got quite a strong intermediate balance. So it'd be easy for me to adjust to things. Awh! That's great to hear!! My English teacher was .... Terrible. I can't stand her classes... Nor could I understand ._. So I pray this English teacher will change my view of English <3 xD haha.

Advertisement