Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Math's Q7 Kinda confused

Options
  • 31-05-2013 7:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

OK So paper 1 q.7 Edco Sample A asks write the period and range. I got the period as 4 and range as -2,2

then it says find f(101) and the solution says f(101-100) = f(1)=0

now where the heck did that 100 come out of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

fontdor wrote: »
    OK So paper 1 q.7 Edco Sample A asks write the period and range. I got the period as 4 and range as -2,2

then it says find f(101) and the solution says f(101-100) = f(1)=0

now where the heck did that 100 come out of?

the period should be in terms of pie I would have thought? usually pie or two pie.. hang on I'll have a look!

the period should be in terms of pie I would have thought? usually pie or two pie.. hang on I'll have a look!

I have the edco papers but my sample A doesn't have this question?! what page is it in yours?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

I have the edco papers but my sample A doesn't have this question?! what page is it in yours?

it is on page 48

it is on page 48

This isn't in my papers... you sure they are this year's edco?

This isn't in my papers... you sure they are this year's edco?

yes it's blue in color and says at the side ''includes new SEC project Maths Sample Papers 2013'' then at the bottom it says Includes 19 exam papers.

• Advertisement

yes it's blue in color and says at the side ''includes new SEC project Maths Sample Papers 2013'' then at the bottom it says Includes 19 exam papers.

oh this is ordinary level?

oh this is ordinary level?

Yes it is ordinary level

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

An easy way to do that f(101) is to do repeated subtraction of the period from whatever the number is, so 101-4-4-4-4-4 etc until the number is on your graph and you can answer the question based on it. This example they just did it quicker and they said 101-25(4), so the number take away 25 periods.

Ok you should have mentioned the level dude!

The period does not need to be in terms of pi, even at higher level, completely depends on the function.

• Advertisement

Ok you should have mentioned the level dude!

Agreed my bad soz dude and thanks for the help

Moody_mona wrote: »
    The period does not need to be in terms of pi, even at higher level, completely depends on the function.
    Oh right it usually is though! As in radians

Absolutely, because it's normally a trigonometric graph asked, but it doesn't have to be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

When you see something like that always take the f number (i.e. 101) repeatly away from the period (i.e. 4) until the last positive number.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    When you see something like that always take the f number (i.e. 101) repeatly away from the period (i.e. 4) until the last positive number.

Other way around, take the period away from the "f number" and it doesn't have to be the last positive number, it just has to be a number that's on your graph so you can answer it.

Other way around, take the period away from the "f number" and it doesn't have to be the last positive number, it just has to be a number that's on your graph so you can answer it.

youre hardly in pass?

I'm a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Ah I see, thanks!

Advertisement