Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radiator Replacement?

Options
  • 31-05-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Noticed yesterday that my 1980 Mini 1275gt was over heating and upon checking, the radiator seemed to be empty. Filled it up and all was good, until on the way home and it started to overheat again. When I got home I noticed a massive pool underneath the car. It looks like the radiator has died!

Should I get one of the radiator sealing products, or just get a new radiator at this stage? If so, I believe aluminium are the way to go, but are there specific radiators for the 1275gt engine?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

If its a car you intend to keep I don't see any reason you wouldn't replace the rad with a good quality after market rad. personally wouldn't use a rad weld type treatment on anything other than a scrapper thats headed for crushing

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Them Novastop etc are good but only for small/tiny leaks imo. If the rad is leaking heavily then a new rad is best (always best in fact).

Search some Mini forums to see if it's a difficult procedure.
    Found a blog here

Advertisement