Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a few questions regarding signing on.

Options
  • 31-05-2013 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

Just looking for some information and help with regards to signing on. Finished a level 6 recently and had decided back in December I wouldn't be going on to a level 8 until I could get some money together, so taking a year out to work once I'd finished. I'm absolutely skint and my family are barely getting by so a lot of the motivation to work was to give my parents some money. I began looking for work, full and part time in February and had multiple interviews but as I've spent 16 of my 20 years alive in education, I don't have any experience working.

So I finished college on the 3rd of May but couldn't get a letter saying I finished until the 31st as that's when the college officially finished. I'm living at home with my parents and three sisters. Two of my sisters are employed full time, the other is on the dole. My mother's on disability allowance, had to stop working after 40 years two years ago and my father had to stop working due to cancer last year.

I'm just wondering how long it's going to take for the dole to begin paying me and how much I can expect to get? I'm 20 and was getting €135 a month grant in college (beginning September 2011, when both my parents were working). I've never paid any tax or anything like that.

I'll be heading in on Tuesday and am wondering what I need to bring if anything and if there's anything that'll help to speed the process along or anything else I should expect. Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement