Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value gaming laptop for 14 year old?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

You're in for quite some catch 22; The problem is that laptops are not upgradeable - therefore, you buy a very good one right now and still can't be sure it will play games in 1 year time.

The only thing you can do is to go with the highest specs your money can buy right now and hope progress on GPUs/games doesn't go too fast.

The laptop in the link could be a good base indeed; Maybe look around to see if you can find something with the slightly better GT 640M for a similar price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

BenThere wrote: »
    Hi all,

I want to get my son a laptop for his birthday which will play Far Cry 3, the latest Sim City etc etc.

Looks like Far Cry is playable at medium settings with a pretty average fps

256283.png

EDIT: The Youtube video is for a model which comes an i7 and the GT640 so not a true reflection on how the model you've linked to on laptopsdirect would fare (which would not be as good)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

mordeith wrote: »
    EDIT: The Youtube video is for a model which comes an i7 and the GT640 so not a true reflection on how the model you've linked to on laptopsdirect would fare (which would not be as good)

Thanks for spotting that, my mind was close to being made up based on the you tube video!!

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Same model is 150 quid less without bluray and 8gb less ram on the same website, im sure you can upgrade the ram for less than that if you needed more than 8gb.

• Advertisement
Advertisement