Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Pump??

Options
  • 31-05-2013 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

A few weeks ago the car wouldn't tart every time I tried drove somewhere and tried to start it again. It seemed to only happen when the engine was hot. I would wait about 10 minutes and it wold start again on the first turn. This was all about two weeks ago and happened every time i took the car out.

Yesterday it came to a close when the car wouldn't start at all. I towed it home and presuming it maybe the fuel filter, i changed that. Again nothing.

I then presumed it was dirt clogging the pipes so i used a compressor to blow the pipes back. This didn't work.

So I then took off the two pipes going into the filter and twisted the key but no fuel was coming to that point.

My guess is the fuel pump under the seat?

The car is a 2000 MK4 VW Golf 1.9 TDi (90bhp)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Possibly. It cranks but doesn't fire up is it?
    And yeah, rear seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

before you do anything else, check the fuse

i know of a golf that paid for a new fuel pump.. when all that was wring was the fuse

Advertisement