Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost of Hyundai repairs?

Options
  • 31-05-2013 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

My mates Hyundai went off on the back of a tow truck this morning.:(

Anyone have a ballpark figure for supply and fit of a gearbox differential for an i30. Is it a big job?

Car has gone to a garage near him in Kilcock.

(Thats what the recovery guy said it was anyway).

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

30657377.jpg

If it is the diff, he's probably looking at a replacement gearbox so 4 - 8 hours labour + parts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's a big and expensive job. Might be possible to remove and rebuild the gearbox, which will keep costs down.

p.s. The only people who will know the answer to your question are the garage doing the work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Oh crap!

Thats the last thing this guy needs at the moment.

He bought it new from a main dealer. Its an 09 with 120,000 km on it.

Anyone know any friendly Hyundai reps?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

get a few quotes. Dont just let the garage it was towed to do the work without getting a few quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Did the i30 not have the 5 year warranty back in 09?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

No I believe it was only a 3 year warranty in 09.
    Maybe if it was bought in the UK it might have been 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Panic over thank feck.

While the recovery guy thought it was the diff, the garage says its a cable going into the gearbox seized. Never lubricated in its life.

The last thing this guy needed was another bill.

Cheers all :)

Advertisement