Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a list of countries that I can use my BOI Visa debit card in

Options
  • 31-05-2013 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there a list of countries that I can use my BOI Visa debit card in?
    and is there a difference in these countries as to whether it is accepted at ATMs, in banks at POS(shops)?
    What charges are charged for it's use? currency conversion, ANother fees?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

TriStar6 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there a list of countries that I can use my BOI Visa debit card in?
    and is there a difference in these countries as to whether it is accepted at ATMs, in banks at POS(shops)?
    What charges are charged for it's use? currency conversion, ANother fees?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi TriStar6,

Thanks for posting.

You can use your Visa Debit card anywhere in the world where the 'Visa' symbol is displayed.  This counts for both ATM and POS transactions.  

You can see the charges for Visa Debit here.

Thanks again and have a safe trip.

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭halkar

I tried in China. It didn't work.

halkar wrote: »
    I tried in China. It didn't work.
    Hi halkar,

As mentioned in the original post, the Visa Debit card should work anywhere in the world where the 'Visa' symbol is displayed.  May I asked how you were trying to use the card, was it at an ATM or Point of Sale?

There are daily limits on the amount that can be withdrawn and they may vary at certain ATMs abroad depending on the ATM provider and the country you are in.  This may be the reason your card didn't work.

Thanks

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭halkar

Hi Seán,
    I used them on ATMs of major Chinese banks for cash of about €200-€300. All had Visa logo displayed at the ATMs.
    I know for credit cards we have to ring before going abroad but not sure if that is also needed for the Visa debit cards. Old laser cards with Maestro always worked in the past where ever I went.

halkar wrote: »
    Hi Seán,
    I used them on ATMs of major Chinese banks for cash of about €200-€300. All had Visa logo displayed at the ATMs.
    I know for credit cards we have to ring before going abroad but not sure if that is also needed for the Visa debit cards. Old laser cards with Maestro always worked in the past where ever I went.
    Hi halkar,

There are daily limits on the amount that can be withdrawn from ATMs abroad, the ATM provider you are using may have their own limits.  Try taking out smaller amounts, if you still have trouble contact Banking 365 and a representative will be happy to assist you.  The amounts you have mentioned above may be the reason your card wouldn't work.

We would ask all our customers to let us know when they will be travelling abroad and using their Visa Debit and Credit Cards to avoid any issues.

Thanks

Seán 

• Advertisement
Advertisement