Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Part time car trader

Options
  • 31-05-2013 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone here has any info on setting up as a part time car trader selling second hand cars in your spare time?

Who do you register with? Are there advantages/disadvantages?

Obviously a lot of people don't bother with this and just turn over a few cars a year without any problem but I'm sure there are tax implications somewhere there. Or is it possible to turn over a certain amount of cars every year without declaring yourself a trader??

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Half the country's at it tbh. Trying to make a profit from it is the hard part, lots of crap on offer but they all need loads of work to put right, while they might appear cheap you'll be all out to put them right to sell on in road worthy condition. Since the down turn people don't spend money on maintaining them.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭imola94

Half the country's at it tbh. Trying to make a profit from it is the hard part, lots of crap on offer but they all need loads of work to put right, while they might appear cheap you'll be all out to put them right to sell on in road worthy condition. Since the down turn people don't spend money on maintaining them.

Ya I'd imagine there are a lot I people at it. Where do they source their cars? Auctions, cheap cars on done deal etc? I'd have no problem with buying cars that require a bit of work for NCT and then turn them around for a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

imola94 wrote: »
    Ya I'd imagine there are a lot I people at it. Where do they source their cars? Auctions, cheap cars on done deal etc? I'd have no problem with buying cars that require a bit of work for NCT and then turn them around for a few quid.

Sure buy one that needs a bit of work and sell it and see how you get on..that's the only way to get going..:)

Advertisement