Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Higher Level Syllabus problem

Options
  • 31-05-2013 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Can someone please clear this up for me, I was looking through the exam paper for Irish and I noticed for the Pros, they gave you an option. E.g in the 2012 paper, there was a pros question on Hurlamaboc and the second part said ursceal rogha. At the top of the page it said do 2A no 2B. This same thing applies for the filiocht. If this is the case, do I only need to learn off one story and one poem? Because I'm really confused now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

No, if you're doing the regular oisin, dis, an gnathrud, an lasair coille and hurlamaboc prose then you must only answer 2A and the same with 3A if you're doing geibheann, colscaradh, mo ghra sa, an t-earrach thiar and an spailpin fanach. Question 2b and 3b apply to a different poems/prose, loads of people made that mistake in the mocks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

No. The ursceal rogha (the Q B's) are usually for people that are repeating the leaving cert, and they studied different stories that weren't on the course when they previously did the leaving cert. If you are doing the pró's/dánta listed above, you CANNOT answer that rogha question. You can only answer the one where it gives you the name of the poem/story.

Advertisement