Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda United/DundalkFC club promotion thread.

Options
  • 31-05-2013 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

I have asked a mod to make this thread a sticky and he/she has agreed.Thanks Cournioni.

The thread is for promotion purposes only.Debate on other issues can take place over on the Soccer thread.

If we can attract just a few more fans to our matches through this medium then it will be a worthwhile exercise.

Next up for both sides :-

Fai Cup fixtures-

Friday May 31st.

DundalkFC V PhoneixFC 7.45 Oriel Park, Dundalk.

BohemiansFC V Drogheda United 7.45-Dalymount park, Phibsboro,Dublin.

THEN -

LOI Match day 16

Monday June 10th 7.45 United Park

Drogheda United V DundalkFC

Ticket details available on -

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/home.php

The County Louth derby matches are always close & exciting affairs, packed full of incident and atmosphere.

Attend a LOI match.You will be suprised by the passion of the fans and the players(Many former LOI players are now part of the Ireland International team) AND it's fairly cheap to attend a match too.

Also check out the community links on both websites-

http://www.dundalkfc.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Louth Derby Monday night in *snip* park!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Good idea for a thread . Just couldnt help yourself could you Nesta .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Tomorrow night's match is also televised on Setanta.

Good idea for a thread . Just couldnt help yourself could you Nesta .
    '
    Dont know what ye mean SLT - Thread simply bumped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The natural order has been restored in Co.Louth. Dundalk are back where they belong. Deserved victory in Hunky Dory's park last night.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Guys, just to reiterate, this is a promotional thread. Gloating and trolling are not permitted here. Discuss the game by all means, but no trolling. This has the potential to be a good thread and helpful to both clubs. Trolling will only bring down the thread. Two people have been warned of their conduct already and another will see this thread closed or moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Next up for both sides at home-

Friday 14th June

DundalkFC v Saint Patricks Athletic-Oriel Park 7.45

Friday 28th June

Drogheda United v Shamrock Rovers-Hunky Dory Park 7.45

Two huge matches in LOI.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/

Should be a cracker in Oriel tomorrow!

Pighead wrote: »
    The natural order has been restored in Co.Louth. Dundalk are back where they belong. Deserved victory in Hunky Dory's park last night.

Natural order ? Going back way over a decade since dundalk dominated Louth football never mind actually won anything :rolleyes: We where very poor on the night but still we done enough to get a draw i reckon .. Towell was excellent on the nite for dundalk , he ran the show . Mid season break has come at the right time so onwards and upwards hopefully . I will send you a postcard from our european trip ..LOVELY ..

• Advertisement

Natural order ? Going back way over a decade since dundalk dominated Louth football never mind actually won anything :rolleyes: We where very poor on the night but still we done enough to get a draw i reckon .. Towell was excellent on the nite for dundalk , he ran the show . Mid season break has come at the right time so onwards and upwards hopefully . I will send you a postcard from our european trip ..LOVELY ..
    Pighead could argue back but he's not going to as he is in great form and as Mr Mod has instructed this thread is in danger of being closed if we start shouting and screaming at each other before organising a fight on the Mary McAleese Boyne Valley Bridge to sort things out.

Lets just agree that it's great having two Louth clubs in the top league who are starting to get the crowds back once more. Pighead is offering you a smoke of the peace pipe here. Come take a puff my Drogheda friend.

NOOOOOOOOO! Do not close thread mods.....

mea culpa:o

Why would it be closed?

Dundalk have a very important fundraiser legends match on (this) Saturday KO at 3pm.

DundalkFC 2002 FAI cup winning side V Celtic legends xi.

Tickets are €10 adult for ground and €5 children.

More tix options & sides-

http://www.dundalkfc.com/2002-cup-team-to-meet-celtic-legends/

Next up at home -

Drogheda Utd v Shamrock Rovers United Park on Friday(28/6/13) 7.45. (LOI)

Then

Drogheda United v Malmö FF Tallaght stadium on Thursday(4/7/13) KO TBC (ELQR)

https://twitter.com/DroghedaUnited
    https://www.facebook.com/DroghedaUnited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Next up at home -

Drogheda Utd v Shamrock Rovers United Park on Friday(28/6/13) 7.45. (LOI)

Then

Drogheda United v Malmö FF Tallaght stadium on Thursday(4/7/13) KO TBC (ELQR)

I had heard that Drogheda were playing their Euro home tie in Tallght (could they not find somewhere further away?)

is this still the case? As this thread is all about promoting the two senior clubs in Louth, why are Drogheda not playing this tie in Louth. I'm sure football fans in the county (whatever their normal allegiance) would come out to support the Louth team.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I had heard that Drogheda were playing their Euro home tie in Tallght (could they not find somewhere further away?)

is this still the case? As this thread is all about promoting the two senior clubs in Louth, why are Drogheda not playing this tie in Louth. I'm sure football fans in the county (whatever their normal allegiance) would come out to support the Louth team.

I'd certainly have gone to OP to see it and I reckon there would be a lot more like me. It seems strange to me that given Oriel is cleared for UEFA games of that stage that they wouldn't have come here Castle a bit too bouncy for them maybe!
    I can't see too many neutrals going to Tallaght for it.

Next up in LOI is a home tie for Drogheda United v Shelbourne.

Match ko's in Hunky Dory Park on Sunday 7th July at 3pm.

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/fixtures/event.php?event=2013-07-07-drogs-v-shelbourne

Meanwhile Dundalkfc are away in The Brandywell v Derry City on Friday night 5/7 match ko is 7.45.

I can't see too many neutrals going to Tallaght for it.
    1400 at it apparently.

Well done to Drogs lastnight! R Brennan let people down badly and nearly very costly, go nick a goal next week and see what happens. 1400, 100 or so Malmo fans in a 6000 capacity ground - still dont get it!!

• Advertisement

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Well done to Drogs lastnight! R Brennan let people down badly and nearly very costly, go nick a goal next week and see what happens. 1400, 100 or so Malmo fans in a 6000 capacity ground - still dont get it!!
    What was Brennan's first yellow card for? I was shocked when I seen the red come out as I hadn't realised he was on a yellow. I'm guessing the original yellow was for back chat or something because I'm pretty sure he didn't get one for a foul.

Pighead wrote: »
    What was Brennan's first yellow card for? I was shocked when I seen the red come out as I hadn't realised he was on a yellow. I'm guessing the original yellow was for back chat or something because I'm pretty sure he didn't get one for a foul.
    Everyone thought that the Swedish guy got it(the yellow) in the 1st half for a foul but no it was R.Brennan & you're quite right it was for a lock of oul back chat to the ref.

Its a pain having to play in tallaght . But in all honesty oriel is not suitable , plastic pitch is dire , although alot more people would go if it was only 20 mins up the road but what can you do .. Where any of you at dundalk v Malmo in utd pk ? spoke to a few malmo lads last night who where there . Dundalk where caught red handed painting the pitch in oriel green LOL !

Its a pain having to play in tallaght . But in all honesty oriel is not suitable , plastic pitch is dire , although alot more people would go if it was only 20 mins up the road but what can you do .. Where any of you at dundalk v Malmo in utd pk ? spoke to a few malmo lads last night who where there . Dundalk where caught red handed painting the pitch in oriel green LOL !

I certainly remember a few of the female supporters;)

The pitch was far from ready so i hope the last comment you are not suggesting is true, it was barely (never mind the pun) ready for the start of that season. As for the pitch now i doubt Malmo would have had a problem, very common in their homeland, the Portugese u21's loved it too, it is what it is!

First card for Brennan was for Dissent mouthy git!!!!

Brilliant win for Dundalk tonight. Roll on next Friday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement