Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc alarm keeps beeping

Options
  • 30-05-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

My hkc secure watch alarm keeps beeping.
    Someone said it could be the battery.
    Do I need to turn off power to replace battery?
    Plus I just bought the house and the previous owner had forgotten code so I do t know the current code for alarm.
    Is the alarm going to go off if I go at the battery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Is the red light on the keypad on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

19driver83 wrote: »
    My hkc secure watch alarm keeps beeping.
    Someone said it could be the battery.
    Do I need to turn off power to replace battery?
    Plus I just bought the house and the previous owner had forgotten code so I do t know the current code for alarm.
    Is the alarm going to go off if I go at the battery?

If you dont know the user code you could try to default the system. If the system is engineer locked it wont default.

It is beeping to indicate a fault. Only entering a valid user code will stop this.
    The battery you need for the system is a 12V 7 Amp battery.

Widely available on the suppliers list here.

Turn off mains, open control panel. Disconnect the back up battery. Remove the link in the center of the board and power the system back up on the battery. If the system is not engineer locked you will be prompted on the keypad to default the system. If it is engineer locked it will go straight into alarm.

If this happens you could remove the fuses to stop the alarm sounding till you get an engineer to default the system for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭19driver83

Is the red light on the keypad on?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

19driver83 wrote: »
    Yes

All that is telling you is the alarm is set or if it is in an alarm condition.
    You will still need a user code to turn the alarm off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blakey1

Hi, my alarm also intemittently starts beeping in the middle of the night. There is no message displayed in the panel to indicate a fault or indicate a sensor activation. Could it be the battery that needs replacing? Its 10 years since I fitted the battery. Whats the lifespan of the battery or whats the threshold voltage if I tested with a voltmeter? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And what voltage are you getting when you test the battery.?
    Also the next time it starts beeping let it continue for a while before disarming it. It may be a faulty contact or sensor on the Entry/Exit zone. If so the alarm will activate after the timer runs out.

If there's no display then it might not be the alarm. Could it be a smoke alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 War614

I am having same problem alarm beeping every 3 mins approx in the middle of night.no fault lights going off on panel.no writing on display panel to say what's wrong.how do I know what to do? Is it the battery?

More than likely it's not your burglar alarm but a smoke alarm that needs a new battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Our House Alarm used to do it

You could here it outside

Was like a high pitch beep every few minutes

It was the battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Mr_Red wrote: »
    Our House Alarm used to do it

You could here it outside

Was like a high pitch beep every few minutes

It was the battery

What company produced your alarm system? Any system that complies with standards needs a code to reset it whenever a fault condition occurs.

Advertisement