Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Company wont insure my car

Options
  • 30-05-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Your vehicle profile does not meet our New Business Underwriting criteria for this channel. These criteria could be for reasons such as Vehicle performance, modifications, value.

I had my car insured with them only 2 years ago and its not modified. Is it a case of them not insuring an old car? :confused: Its a 97

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Dempsey wrote: »
    I had my car insured with them only 2 years ago and its not modified. Is it a case of them not insuring an old car? :confused: Its a 97

Liberty by any chance?

And what's the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Liberty by any chance?

And what's the car?

No nonsense

97 Honda Civic

Just after going onto Allianz and this was one of the terms of eligibility
    Value is less than EUR 130,000, is not more than 15 years old and is not a car vanette or kit car. It is not left hand drive and it has not been modified. (Note- some sports cars, convertibles & GTIs may be excluded).

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

No Nonsense are a load of w*nk. Wouldn't insure me on a diesel Audi A6, (34yr's old, full NCB, no penalty points) after giving me a quote over the net with all the car details correct. No Nonsense me arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

No nonsense

97 Honda Civic

Just after going onto Allianz and this was one of the terms of eligibility

:mad:

130000 seems a bit much to me for a cars value.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I don't see what the problem is, they've changed their terms of business and now won't take you on as a new customer because you don't meet these criteria. There are plenty of other insurers out there

• Advertisement

I don't see what the problem is, they've changed their terms of business and now won't take you on as a new customer because you don't meet these criteria. There are plenty of other insurers out there

No nonsense havent given me a reason and I see nothing in their terms and conditions that would exclude me as a driver nor anything that would exclude my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

No nonsense havent given me a reason and I see nothing in their terms and conditions that would exclude me as a driver nor anything that would exclude my car.

Sorry my mistake it was another company that gave you the reason. You are within your rights to ask no nonsense for a letter of decline

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Your car is over 15 years old......

Sorry my mistake it was another company that gave you the reason. You are within your rights to ask no nonsense for a letter of decline

I asked for it

Clear as mud!

I might ring them tomorrow but I probably wont. 123.ie is giving me a quote of €275, Comprehensive Extra, that is nearly €300 cheaper than the next nearest offer I managed to get tonight :)

Your car is over 15 years old......

Quotation Assumptions on No nonsense website
    Any quotation presented to you in the course of our on-line quotation process is subject to you meeting our underwriting eligibility criteria established through the completion of the full quotation process.
    Your Vehicle

The quotation offered assumes your vehicle is:

Owned by you and registered in your name (or that of your spouse/partner's name)
    Normally parked at your address (as provided to us during this quotation process)
    Not a left hand drive vehicle

You

The quotation offered assumes that you:

Have read and understand the cover provided and any conditions or restrictions that may apply as described in the Nononsense Car Insurance Policy Document and Features and Benefits Document located on this website
    Have read and understand our Terms of Business and Data Protection notices
    Do not require foreign language assistance
    Are at least 17 years of age and under 79 (quotes are available by phone for drivers aged 79 or over)
    Have at least 1 year verified driving experience

http://www.nononsense.ie/media/NoNonsense/pdf/NN-terms-of-business.pdf

Show me where it says that :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Quotation Assumptions on No nonsense website

http://www.nononsense.ie/media/NoNonsense/pdf/NN-terms-of-business.pdf

Show me where it says that :confused:

I think he got confused with the Allianz quote in post 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I was shopping around a month ago, No Nonsense were the only ones that wouldn't quote me. 2003 car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

When my renewal was due I was refused by like 6 our of 8 companies. 1 of 2 quoted me 7000 and one quoted 4000. But then I realized staying with your current insurer is cheapest option so stayed with my current. On the topic though: When I told what age I am and my car to no nonsense, they changed their tone of asking and sounded like not wanting to continue the call any longer but still dragged me through the details just to later say: no. Never gonna call them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I was with 123 and went to change to no nonsense a year or two ago but they wouldn't insure me depsite me being with them in the past(same car).
    This year i was able to insure my car with them(same car), seems strange :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

arleitiss wrote: »
    When my renewal was due I was refused by like 6 our of 8 companies. 1 of 2 quoted me 7000 and one quoted 4000. But then I realized staying with your current insurer is cheapest option so stayed with my current. On the topic though: When I told what age I am and my car to no nonsense, they changed their tone of asking and sounded like not wanting to continue the call any longer but still dragged me through the details just to later say: no. Never gonna call them again.

Not true, my current insurer is over €200 cheaper than my last

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Not true, my current insurer is over €200 cheaper than my last

Well in my situation staying with current insurer was best option. Like 3000 cheaper than quoted by others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

It's most likely because your car is over 15 years old. Only a few underwriters will take on new business with vehicles that old.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The only ones I've seen are NoNonsence and Allianz. Rest take them on with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

It could just be their web site policy too, if there are issues surrounding a car such as certain makes & models, or its age, the website may refer you to their call center, so the agents can ask some more specific questions.

The error message you quoted does say "New Business criteria for THIS CHANNEL". You could be OK if you called them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

15 years old is not even old for a car. do they want us all driving new yokes as if we have money to burn f**k that I love my 90s cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

OP have you tried calling FBD for a quote.They are the same company as no nonsense. But TBH i find 123.ie the best insurance company in Ireland. One year I saved €500 on house insurance with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

BX 19 wrote: »
    The only ones I've seen are NoNonsence and Allianz. Rest take them on with no problems.
    From a broker point of view, setanta don't, kennco don't, Zurich don't (don't know if they do directly, asgard don't, sertus don't, aig don't, wrighway don't...

Advertisement