Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz resturant coolock village

Options
  • 30-05-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am a regular in the NCD forum but felt I should post here.
    My brother is going back to Australia tomorrow so we had a family meal in Jazz in coolock village.
    I have NEVER NEVER been more annoyed and upset in my life.:mad:
    One of my nieces is 9.Shes big for her age. The girl came over and said she was to be priced as an adult because she is tall. She asked her for my niece t stand up so she could measure her.
    I'm for real here. There where 17 of us.
    Now for a 9 year old, who knows she's tall, can you only imagine how she felt been told to stand, to be inspected.?????
    I said we would leave but my brother just wanted to have the meal and go.
    So can I advise if you have a child 140 cm tall or over they will be made to parade themselves in front of the restaurant if you say they are a child.
    SHAME SHAME SHAME ON THEM.
    Rant over, Ill go back to NCD where I belong.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

How did she measure her, with a tape?! Thats a bit of a joke, I doubt even the tallest nine year old would get served in an offo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

The poor child stood up to be inspected.my daughter is 10 and tiny she was looking all confused.it was a horrible experiance .
    I can't understand why a person over 140 cm is not seen as a child. I'm 5 ft3 inches .i should have asked for a discount .no it was wrong . I'd never darken the door again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Have you called the restaurant to speak to the manager, or written in a letter of complaint? That'd achieve a lot more than complaining about it on boards, tbh. I mean, I completely understand why you're posting here, don't get me wrong. But you'd achieve more if you actually spoke to somebody in charge.

The owner is away for a while.i have calmed down a bit since .thanks all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Write a letter of complaint, thats shocking service, especially with a big group. If I owned the restaurant, I'd want to be informed of stuff like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dubsontour

Cathy while waiting for the owner to return you could post a review about your experience on Menupages. Shocking way to be treated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Have you called the restaurant to speak to the manager, or written in a letter of complaint? That'd achieve a lot more than complaining about it on boards, tbh. I mean, I completely understand why you're posting here, don't get me wrong. But you'd achieve more if you actually spoke to somebody in charge.

Do you think that the child was measured on the whim of the waitress, or maybe - more likely - it was a policy or idea brought in by management?

Posting it here has achieved plenty - I'm sure most who read this thread will go away with a less than positive view of the restaurant... Which is a result, if the restaurant is truly as stingy as the OP describes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

discus wrote: »
    Do you think that
    the child was measured on the whim of the waitress, or maybe - more
    likely - it was a policy or idea brought in by management?

Posting it here has achieved plenty - I'm sure most who read this thread
    will go away with a less than positive view of the restaurant... Which
    is a result, if the restaurant is truly as stingy as the OP
    describes!

Obviously it'd be a management or hr policy, but the complaint should help make the management realise how humiliating their treatment of the child was. There's no point in ONLY posting on boards, a formal complaint should be made to try prevent it happening to another child.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Using height to differentiate on pricing is the norm in China. Children are routinely measured entering major tourist attractions. Under 110cm goes free, for example. It's one of those quirky things that you smile at in China.

It's a bit off the wall to hear about it here though.

My sister is going to write to the owner.
    Thanks all, Glad its not just me that found it ODD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Shocking I for one will never darken its doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

dubsontour wrote: »
    Cathy while waiting for the owner to return you could post a review about your experience on Menupages. Shocking way to be treated

I have had reviews sit on ManuPages for >3 months. They regularly appear to hold or freeze negative reviews.

Piliger wrote: »
    I have had reviews sit on ManuPages for >3 months. They regularly appear to hold or freeze negative reviews.

Yeah I had a feeling that would happen that's why I went for trip advisor and here. I'd rater starve then eat there again.

Advertisement