Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costs of fulfilling Social Responsibilities/Ethical Behavior

Options
  • 30-05-2013 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

This question comes up a lot and I was just wondering, are you able to write about the effects on the costs and revenue? Or should you just answer on the costs itself?

I have always written 50/50 on effect on costs and revenue as a balance and have been told that it is right by my teacher, I just don't particularly trust this teacher though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

This question comes up a lot and I was just wondering, are you able to write about the effects on the costs and revenue? Or should you just answer on the costs itself?

I have always written 50/50 on effect on costs and revenue as a balance and have been told that it is right by my teacher, I just don't particularly trust this teacher though.

Hi i asked my teacher this and she said there are enough costs without revenue so just stick with costs to be safe! i looked up the marking scheme for this question in 2007 and it only mentions costs
    effect on firm’s costs (outline):
    Increased costs due to:

Higher wages and better working conditions for employees

Buying raw materials at fair market prices

Compliance with legislative requirements.
    Reduced costs due to:

Positive publicity, no protests

Use of clean technologies and systems

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    Hi i asked my teacher this and she said there are enough costs without revenue so just stick with costs to be safe! i looked up the marking scheme for this question in 2007 and it only mentions costs
    effect on firm’s costs (outline):
    Increased costs due to:

Higher wages and better working conditions for employees

Buying raw materials at fair market prices

Compliance with legislative requirements.
    Reduced costs due to:

Positive publicity, no protests

Use of clean technologies and systems

Okay, thank you! I think it's just a habit from geography where I try to balance the arguments

Advertisement