Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for fee grant!Need Advice!

Options
  • 30-05-2013 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello guys,
    Me and my boyfriend are both mature students and started living together recently and both have been on BTEA since last year and also fee grants
    I don't work, he works part time only and earns around 100E a week.We already informed Social Welfare that we are living together so only Susi left to be informed.
    I have a question :will our fee grants for next year be affected if I inform Susi that we are together?Will they be checking our current income or what?We have very low income at the moment, I will be receiving 124.80JA from SW and my boyfriend will be getting JA cheques.
    If me and him reapply as couple for our fee grants will this affect our grants???
    will they be checking our incomes for last year: even though we weren't together?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Hi Annaj,

In order to be assessed as couple you need to be co-habiting for five years or three years if you have children together.

The grant is assessed on the previous financial year. When filling out the application you will be filling your financial details for the year ending 31.12.2012.

I hope this information helps. If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to contact us. You can also private mail us here a boards.ie.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Advertisement