Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP with Sage 50 Accounts Professional

Options
  • 30-05-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All,

I have recently started using Sage 50 Accounts Professional where previously I used Sage Accounts Production.

I made a couple of payments for Sterling suppliers with the Euro cheque book and I can’t post them as it is not the correct bank account linked to the supplier.

Previously I would have posted the payment to the suspense account, then posted an invoice to nominal (no account code) and on to suspense to show payment in the bank. I then would just put in a credit note in the supplier account showing the payment.

In Sage 50 Accounts it won’t let me post an invoice unless it has an account code – does anyone know how I can get around this? Or anyway of recording these euro cheque’s for sterling supplier accounts?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 union

Hi
    you could set up a dummy Sterling bank account which you use to pay your sterling supplier invoices. You then transfer the amount from your Euro bank account into the dummy Sterling account at the appropriate exchange rate. The dummy sterling bank account should be zero balance after the 2 transactions. we have hundreds of sage 50 support clients.

• Company Representative Posts: 12 Verified rep Sage: Lorna

You will need to create a sterling bank account which is called a 'dummy account' because it is just used in Sage 50.

You need to ensure that the currency in the account details tab of this new bank account in Sage 50 says sterling.

You can post the Supplier payment to this sterling account.
    You then use the bank transfer button to transfer the payment from the Euro account into Sterling account using the correct exchange rate.

You do the same if you have a dollar supplier.

If you have a support contract for your Sage 50 contact the support team by phone or by email and they will assist and advise you on this.

Advertisement