Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Failed NCT

Options
  • 30-05-2013 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Failed the NCT yesterday with a braking imbalance of 86%. Am really annoyed because I had the car serviced 4 - 6 weeks ago, had brake pads/discs replaced and my mechanic told me that the clutch needs replacing. I didn't think the car was driving well and put it down to the clutch problem; clutch is stiff but the car was vibrating at 100kms +. As I know nothing about cars could anyone advise me before I go back to the mechanic? How big a problem to align the brakes is it? the stats read
    parking brake (nearside) 0.180 kN and offside 1.320 kN
    parking brake effort 13%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Its your handbrake, i had the same problem, replacing a cable fixed it.
    It can't be adjusted on my car, it has two cables but i just replaced the offending one and it passed.
    The vibration is probably just your wheels needing balance.

I picked up a cable for about €25 from a motorfactors so was a cheap fix as a friend fitted it

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭chancer12

Guys, thanks so much for that

Advertisement