Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tulfarris Tough 10 (mile) and not so tough 5 (k) - Sat 15th June

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 254 ✭✭Excuseless

These prices are actually good until midnight on Thursday 6th June :)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I've signed up, looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I've signed up, looking forward to it!

Me Too! Really enjoyed this last year. Worth considering if you want to try something completely different.

Online entry closes at midnight tonight for both races.

We will have entry on day but it will cost extra - The usual incentive to enter early by carrot/ stick I guess - makes our logistics planning easier with tee in particular.

The 10 miler is "Undulating" but rewarding in terms of views and achievement

The 5k is relatively easy and is aimed at novices rather than speedsters

How undulating? I've done the Clonakilty Half and the Run the Line 13k, is it a lot hillier than either? (I'm doing it anyway, have signed up, just wondering!)

• Advertisement

How undulating? I've done the Clonakilty Half and the Run the Line 13k, is it a lot hillier than either? (I'm doing it anyway, have signed up, just wondering!)

I have not run either but looking at the profile of the Clon waterfront half it would not be as hilly as that so guessing it will be no bother to you :)

Excuseless wrote: »
    I have not run either but looking at the profile of the Clon waterfront half it would not be as hilly as that so guessing it will be no bother to you :)

Thanks so much! Due to unforeseen circumstances, I won't actually be able to come down this year after all, but I hope it goes really, really well, and I'll definitely run it some year!

Thanks so much! Due to unforeseen circumstances, I won't actually be able to come down this year after all, but I hope it goes really, really well, and I'll definitely run it some year!

Bummer that.

If you have someone to transfer your entry to drop me an e-mail tomorrow and we can do that for you FOC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Looking forward to this. Anyone have any idea of the numbers doing the 10 mile.

Looking forward to this. Anyone have any idea of the numbers doing the 10 mile.

140 entered on line for 10 mile event with some more expected on day - Small and friendly :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I'm feeling a bit nervous about this one as I'm a bit of a plodder even without hills; I hope I'm going to be able to take in the scenic course!

hollypink wrote: »
    I'm feeling a bit nervous about this one as I'm a bit of a plodder even without hills; I hope I'm going to be able to take in the scenic course!

I suspect the sprinters will regret it. Mile 9 i hear is a killer. Plodders may rule the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

I ran this last year. I wouldn't worry too much about the hills, "undulating" is the right word, I can only remember a couple of noteworthy uphills - the sharpest is about a mile from the end. Really, if you can manage 10 miles on the flat there shouldn't be any issues here. Some hills only add to the experience anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I really enjoyed this race today, everything seemed perfectly organised; parking, registration, water stations, stewards etc. Loved all the watermelon and oranges at the finish (glad of the cake too!). Getting a tech running top in a ladies size is great, most of my race tops are swimming on me.

The route is really beautiful and the hills, as roro2 posted, aren't too bad, although I found the one around mile 9 tough as I was well tired by then. Was grateful to get to the top and enjoy the lovely downhill finish :) Will definitely be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭gammy_knees

This was a good one. Pity its not attracting a larger field (in a way that's its attraction!). Got a little isolated due to small field and found it hard to push on but got attached to another chap and he dragged me along. Agree with you all the way Holly. Not as "tough" as I expected, some fast downhills to make up lost time. Any idea of when/where results posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Great race today. Only did the 5K but will be back for the Tough Ten next year. Super atmosphere and great value. Deserves to be well supported - I think more runners could be accommodated without losing the small and friendly feel of the race. Well done everyone who completed both races and thanks to the organisers.

Excellent race. Well organised, good atmosphere, fantastic views and location.

Was not even as tough as i thought it would be. Delighted with the day.

Shane

Race Results up at Event Website

Photos up at Outfront Facebook page

Thanks to all who came and enjoyed the races today :)

Well done mate. Great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Really enjoyed the race today. Knocked 2.5 mins of my time last year. :D
    Everything well organised and ran smoothly. Great idea re the three drink stations - plastic cups at the first and choice of 330 ml or 500 ml at the other two.

Hope you can keep this one on the calendar!

• Advertisement

Bummer that.

If you have someone to transfer your entry to drop me an e-mail tomorrow and we can do that for you FOC

Thanks so much! Only saw this now as I was away. I didn't have anyone to transfer too anyway, but thanks very much for the offer, and I'm glad the race went so well. I'm determined to do it next year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭netmann

Well done on a great event. Will try and get back next year.

Advertisement