Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International money transfer

Options
  • 30-05-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

hi 
    I hope you can help me and maybe but my mind at rest I bought some items from a german store last monday and paid by bank transfer on the same day (It was about 4pm if that has any bearing) and of today 30/05/13 the still have not recieved the money.

My question does it normaly take this long? its the first time I've paid for anything using this method so I'm a bit on edge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Miketoo wrote: »
    hi 
    I hope you can help me and maybe but my mind at rest I bought some items from a german store last monday and paid by bank transfer on the same day (It was about 4pm if that has any bearing) and of today 30/05/13 the still have not recieved the money.

My question does it normaly take this long? its the first time I've paid for anything using this method so I'm a bit on edge.
    Hi Miketoo,

Thanks for posting.

A transfer from a Bank of Ireland account to an account within the EU provided it is made before the cut off time of 3:30pm on a working day, will be with the receiving bank by the close of business the next working day.    

How exactly did you make the payment.  Was it through the Banking 365 website?

Thanks

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Miketoo

Thanks for your speedy reply Sean

yes the transfer was through the banking 365 website and I did ring them (365) yesterday to try and get a update but the said it could take 3-5 days. It just seems from anyone else i spoke to that like you mentioned it only takes 1-2 days. Is there anyway to track this i.e did the bank in germany receive the money?

Thanks for your speedy reply Sean

yes the transfer was through the banking 365 website and I did ring them (365) yesterday to try and get a update but the said it could take 3-5 days. It just seems from anyone else i spoke to that like you mentioned it only takes 1-2 days. Is there anyway to track this i.e did the bank in germany receive the money?
    Hi Miketoo,

Once the transfer is done before 3:30pm on a working day, it will be with the receiving bank the next working day.  It is then up to that bank to credit their customers account, we have no control over how long this takes.

In your original post you mentioned you made the payment on Monday at 4pm, if this is the case this would not have been processed until Tuesday and it would have been with the beneficiary bank on Wednesday.  The delay may be on their end, please advise them of the reference you included with the payment as this may help them locate it. 

I hope this helps

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Miketoo

Thanks Sean I've emailed th supply with info

Thanks Sean I've emailed th supply with info
    Hi Miketoo,

You're very welcome, if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Seán

• Advertisement
Advertisement