Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to pay mortgage in the UK from Ireland

Options
  • 30-05-2013 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

I'm just starting a job in Dublin and will need to be able to pay the mortgage on my house in the UK until I can sell it. My employer requires an Irish bank account to pay my wages into.

What's the best way to do this whilst incurring the least charges for paying my mortgage (Sterling) from my ages (Euros)?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Credit/Debit card an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 briangillespie

I can get them no worries, but would they be the best option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi briangillespie.

Thanks for getting in touch.

It’s possible that your provider may have the facility to have the mortgage account paid by direct debit. Payments to your mortgage may also be paid by cheque or as chris2008x correctly mentioned, by credit or debit card.
    Please contact your mortgage provider who will advise you on the best payment method available to you while working in Dublin.

Apologies we could not be more help to you in this instance. If we can help you with anything else, please let us know.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 3 briangillespie

Thanks Laura and chris2008x!

Advertisement