Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing euros from my Dublin account without leaving the UK

Options
  • 30-05-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Greetings: my euro current account was with Leeson St but I think that has merged with Ranelagh Village? Anyway I live in central Scotland and normally just use my Visa debit card happily to withdraw euros while travelling in any euro zone country.

My problem is that I need euros in cash for my daughter's forthcoming trip and I really don't want to turn euros into sterling and back again in order to get them. Can the BofI somehow move some euros to Scotland for me to collect e.g. from either of your branches in Glasgow or Edinburgh if you still have them? I can't get through to either by phone and don't know if still open. Would much prefer cash because traveller's cheques may be hard for her to exchange.

I've just spent two hours on various websites and phone voicemail systems trying to find out how to do this. I am willing to set up another bank account here if need be, as long as it won't take too long.

Please help me, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi rucsacs.

Thanks for getting in touch.

We understand your frustration and appreciate your predicament.

Although we no longer have branch presence within the UK, unfortunately it would not have been possible to facilitate your request. A solution to this may be to take sterling to your local post office who will arrange for the conversion to euro for you.

If you would like to send us a PM with your name and contact details, we can contact your branch on your behalf and arrange for a representative to give you a call to discuss the options available in more detail.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rucsacs

Thanks for replying. I am sending a PM for further help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rucsacs

Thanks for replying. I am sending a PM for further help.

Oooooops, no I'm not: tried to PM you and got this message:
    Bank of Ireland: Laura has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bank of Ireland: Laura from the recipient list and send the message again.

Can you PM me so I can email direct please? I really need some advice as when I opened the account there were several accessible branches in Scotland.

Advertisement