Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terrible HT micro

• 30-05-2013 1:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

After the recent WCS tournaments I've started to notice that micro for high Templars is nothing short of absolute sh1t. Since most pros seem to use 1 hotkey group for their entire army when they a-move into there opponent the templars just keep moving forward until there dead. Personaly i try to have them in a seperate group and FOLLOWING the units. I'm no pro but in general this works far better in 90% of situations and seeing pros lose 300 gas just because there making small mistakes like this.

Is the skill level of some top protoss not good enough to manage their high templars better? They spend huge amounts of apm and macro and micro with other units but when it comes to HT it looks as if their throwing the game out the window.

Does anyone else feel the same way because every time I watch some late game protoss I feel like crying as there HT micro is just **** for some people.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

They should all learn from Parting, he is amazing at them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Grubby is pretty decent from watching his stream. He often has HT's dotted around the map so a retreating terran army will back up into one, getting off some great storms in the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

You're right, many pros are too lazy to fix this. Your suggestion is a good one too.

The same happens with observers in late game PvT. Protoss attack move and their obs heads on into vision (be it emp, turret or scan) and gets killed immediately, sometimes resulting in an auto loss due to cloaked ghosts. The fix is not to have the obs hotkeyed in your main army and to have it follow a Collossus.

Advertisement