Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cartheftireland.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Looks like the website was written by a 12 year old...

Colloning Is Where Criminals Have A Stolen Motor And Use The Reg Off Legit Cars To Put On The Stolen Vehicle And Then Sell It As A Legit Car ​To Unsuspecting Buyers.
    Make Sure You See The Log Book Of The Car,Make Sure This Log Book Is Not A Fake As There Is Really Good Fake Log Books Been Made For Coloned Vehicles

I have wonder how they're actually going to recover stolen vehicles?? :confused: even if they were to locate them.. would they not be handling stolen goods regardless??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Grammar is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It seems like they're trying to run something legit, but the website lets them down badly. Looks like they got one of those free website builder deals and did it up themselves without getting someone to actually read it over. Of course if you don't know your spelling and grammar is atrocious then you're not going to ask someone to check it for you. The guy who heads our management company's committee is the same; the newsletters we get from them are cringeworthy.

I imagine the goal is to try and make some cash as a form of private detective service. They'll list the car on the site for free, but they offer a "finder" service which no doubt incurs a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I can see where he is coming from with this, but how many people will actually use this service? He seems to be going after insurance companies, thinking that they will pay him to recover stolen cars. If I was an insurance company I would be telling him to report the whereabouts of the stolen car to the Gardai and let them do their job, hence saving them the €700 or whatever that he is looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Truly shocking website. As for the business itself, it can't really be more than a noticeboard. How do they intend to locate and recover a stolen vehicle? I wouldn't like to cast aspersions but it is wide open for abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

I'm not sure how I would feel if I saw a photo of car I was trying to sell appear on this site listed as stolen.

52d0ea_17ba76958acb0d3fd0d130d3bebd970c.png_srz_604_453_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz
    883138-m7238678.jpg

Taken from:
    http://www.carrollandmcauley.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=883138

'legit' indeed.

Good grief. This guy really hasnt got a clue. Obviously has no idea that you cant just go pilfering pictures from other peoples website to use on your own, especially not in these circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 embireland

surely that black bmw in the picture is not a 2000 year old 520 model, I dont know much about cars but its all pictures from private motors

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

Storys

Remember guys, don't forget to use capitals for each word!

"Enter As Much Details As Possible When Sending
    Your Stolen Car Information,Dont Forget To Add Your Contact Details.IF You Have Photos Of The Car You Want Displayed Please Email Them Directly To Us Using The Email Address Shown Below"

"I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me and you can start adding your own content. Feel free to drag and drop me anywhere you like on your page. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you."

WTF?

This is bad, very bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

If my car was coloned, I wouldn't want it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

djimi wrote: »
    Good grief. This guy really hasnt got a clue. Obviously has no idea that you cant just go pilfering pictures from other peoples website to use on your own, especially not in these circumstances.

It's probably just a stock image purchased from istockphoto, dreamstime or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Duckjob wrote: »
    It's probably just a stock image purchased from istockphoto, dreamstime or similar.
    See post #8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

In theory its a good idea but the site is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

No Pants wrote: »
    If my car was coloned, I wouldn't want it back.

Pain in the hole if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Oops, sorry - thought poster was referring to the one of the thief breaking into the car already used on the insurance site. My mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Would smell good though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Initially I was thinking maybe they steal the cars and then help you "find them" for a small fee...

Judging by the website I doubt they are even smart enough for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

I think I 'found' the 5 series Beemer: http://www.scp91.com/vehicules-recherche/details.php?id=6242&marque=BMW&modele=5 SERIES&photo=2

It's now on French plates :D:D

Wonder if there's a reward?

Initially I was thinking maybe they steal the cars and then help you "find them" for a small fee...

I dont actually doubt that this guy is legit in his intentions, but I have to say my first instinct is to assume exactly what you have suggested! I cant imagine too many insurers would thinks differently either; if I was an insurer and was contacted by this company I would assume that it was someone knicking cars and trying to sell them back to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I'd have to commend his efforts, while I think there might well be some merit to the idea he's going to need in to put in an awful lot more effort, money and thought. To make this work.

I'd say insurance companies could well be interested in something like this if it's going to save them some money. But...(and this is a big but) if his communications with the insurance companies have been in the same style as the website I'd guess they're going to give him a very wide berth.

While you could argue that the manner in which a message is being delivered shouldn't detract from it's contents, in reality (and especially in business) it's not really how things work.

I'd imagine there would have to be all kinds of accreditations, insurance, liabillity insurance, legal assistance etc. etc. etc before an insurance company would go near him.

Either way, he's not sitting on his hole at home complaining about not having a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

A coloned car - is that one that's sold by a ringer? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

This all smacks of a research project for Paul Howard's next Ross O'Carroll Kelly novel.

Advertisement