Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best laptop for budget of €500-€600

Options
  • 29-05-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi anybody got any suggestions for a laptop around the above price. I want it to be an i5 or i7 processor with about 6gb ram. I was thinking about the Sony Vaio E series or the Lenovo Ideapad Z580. Anybody got any other suggestions. It's just for general use and a bit of gaming. Any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

In a similar situation was looking at the lenovo a lot,had a good spec, but there was a few reviews complaining about the touchpad.
    Was going to go for it but just too many negatives comments about the touchpad,wasn't going to chance it in the end.

Went for an Acer, the spec seems good for the money and reviews seemed ok.
    Just hope it proves reliable,I will be using it strictly for home use so don't need the casing,etc to be bulletproof.
    http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Acer_Aspire_V3-571G_Windows_8_Core_i5_Laptop_-_Black_NX.RZJEK.010/version.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Guys,

That looks like a decent spec for the money.

Would the graphics on this laptop be good enough to run the latest versions of Far Cry 3, Sim City etc?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

There's plenty of youtube vids if you want to check out how it performs with games.
    I wouldn't be an expert but seems alright for the money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w090e3NN_g

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 nick0001

check this out price wise Acer v3-571G

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmBr

do you have this laptop or know much about it nick?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 nick0001

Acer do good laptops Colm, but if you are serious about getting a good laptop stick with HP, Lenovo, Sony etc I know this coz I am in computer business since last 13 years, you should find a good laptop within these brands for a reasonable price, look for laptops with good dedicated graphics memory of at least 1GB, an i5 or i7 processor with 6 or 8gb ram would be a great combination. I came across this site Eelectronicsireland.ie last week, they are the cheapest you can find in Ireland from my own experience, you can tell me your budget and i have no problem finding few good laptops for you to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Acer is hit and miss. I like them like I like an underdog, but there are better things out there.

Look at the HP M6-1205SA. Better build quality and the AMD A10 will be an even match if not superior to the i5/GT630M combo, and do it cooler while consuming less battery power. Excuse the EI shill ^. The A10 setup has 2GB of dedicated DDR3 Graphics memory.

edit: shut me up, it actually has a legit dedicated AMD GPU in Addition to the 7660G on the A10 chipset, and its configured for crossfire (the iGPU and dGPU work in tandem). That would be the difference between the 1205SA and the 1205DX, which is what I currently sell @ work. You can buy the SA direct from hp.co.uk, or probably some other EU resellers. I'd readily recommend it if it falls in the budget.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/laptops/1298500/hp-envy-m6

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Hmmm I wouldnt be too trusting of the site above

1) never heard of them

2) I'll let you read it..

http://www.electronicsireland.ie/default/about_us
    ABOUT US
    Electronics Ireland has a number of suppliers who manufacture or source the best high quality sex products on the market.  We also make sure our discounts and deals are passed onto our customers, thus providing you with the best service possible.

256601.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmBr

my budget is around 600 euro
    here is te laptop ive had my eye on.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-15.5-VAIO-E-Series-Laptop-PC-with-Intel-Core-i5-3230M-Processor-and-Windows-8-Operating-System-Assorted-Colors/23091392
    i will be buying te chosen laptop in the usa this summer as everything works out a whole lot cheaper over there. the one linked above work out about 480 euro and the same model with 2gb less ram is currently going for 615 in currys.
    i like the look of that HP envy M6. IT Seems to be tough to come accoss, just browsing searching for it in online stores.
    thanks for all the feedback btw

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Nick001

I checked this site out and their products seem very reasonable.
    I looked on the about section and i didnt find the line you outlined. so it was obviously a typo.
    good one guys haha :D

Overheal wrote: »
    256601.PNG

Nick001 wrote: »
    I checked this site out and their products seem very reasonable.
    I looked on the about section and i didnt find the line you outlined. so it was obviously a typo.
    good one guys haha :D
    You must think we're ****ing thick then? You discredit your brand, which had very little to begin with.

You're free to contact hello@boards.ie for advertising opportunities. Though they frown deeply on shills.

Sitebanned.

Advertisement