Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scrapyard and log book

Options
  • 29-05-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i sold car to scrapyard and guy who bought car left logbook for me to send as scrap
    i just forget to ask where to send and how to fill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭scrap_man

is the scrapyard a liscensed treatment facility? If so then they will take the log book and give you a certificate of destruction. If not then get their name and address and fill out the change of ownership and send it off to Shannon. You can't just send it off and say the car is scrapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you didn't sell the car for scrap, that's the scrapyards pidgeon. Just fill out the logbook with the name and address of the scrapyard and post it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If they were licensed End of Life facility they would have given you a EOL cert (or whatever it's called). As said, fill out their details in the change of ownership section and send to Shannon.

Advertisement