Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel zafira [displays died]

Options
  • 29-05-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

the other day whilst driving i noticed that the digital speedometer and tripometer in the car had stopped working. (blank)
    there is also another screen above the radio that displays the out side temp, radio channel, and the time. these were also gone.
    after i got home i left the car for an hour and checked it again, all was fine.
    problem is, it happened again today, but this time it hasn't come back.
    thought it might be a loose fuse, but all the fuses look good.
    I'm thinking a loose wire or maybe a bad earth. has anyone any ideas, thanks.

02 Opel zafira 1.6 petrol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

I'm gonna take a wild guess here but is it possible that you may have dimmed the display?

I know Opel have a display dimmer control on the right hand side of the steering column along with the other light switches.

I've rubbed my knee off it once or twice while getting into the car and when I turned the car on I wondered where my display went, sure enough I had dimmed it by accident.

Just an idea maybe?

I circled the area to check, should be the same in a Zafira:

899f649b-55cb-4bfb-a604-2db3585db463_zps60462bda.jpg

Advertisement