Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it true that you get an A2 if someone dies in your exam?

Options
  • 29-05-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Just wonderin', thinking I might convince someone to 'take one for the team'.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No it's not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Yes, of course this is fact. It's sacrifice for the fine weather we get during the leaving cert every year. The more A2's the better.

Not A1's though, they're overkill

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Good god,where on earth do these kind of myths originate??

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

So if I walk up to my examiner in maths and say 'Hey brah gotta urinate', he he's like 'iz cool, keep it real' and gives me a *fistbump*; and, I walk back in with a katana and *commit ritual Sepukku*, and the examiner is just supposed to go 'Higher Level maths, brah', and everyone is supposed to just carry on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

My friend told me that if you say "oops" and then drop a fiver in front of the exam supervisor they write a little note on your paper telling the marker to give you an A1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Moromaster wrote: »
    So if I walk up to my examiner in maths and say 'Hey brah gotta urinate', he he's like 'iz cool, keep it real' and gives me a *fistbump*; and, I walk back in with a katana and *commit ritual Sepukku*, and the examiner is just supposed to go 'Higher Level maths, brah', and everyone is supposed to just carry on?

Did your post get gazoogled?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

If that's true about dying, the 6th year students from each school should have a Hunger Games-type thing in every subject to decide who "takes one for the team" for each exam, then all students will get at least 540 points.

Oh God, my ideas can be really messed up sometimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Stephen Ireland got 8 A2s apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

My friend told me that if you say "oops" and then drop a fiver in front of the exam supervisor they write a little note on your paper telling the marker to give you an A1.

Oh good god
    NO that is not true <rolls eyes>
    The marker will report any such notes or money to the sec immediately ... Do you really want to get off on the wrong foot with your examiner before they even start marking your paper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

If that's true about dying, the 6th year students from each school should have a Hunger Games-type thing in every subject to decide who "takes one for the team" for each exam, then all students will get at least 540 points.

Oh God, my ideas can be really messed up sometimes...

Or everyone has to think of ridiculously bizarre ways to do it, and the least creative person has to do the most creative person's idea.
    8/10, The buildup was weak, but the execution was excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Stephen Ireland got 8 A2s apparently...

haha, very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Difficult to tell, exam performance is another important variable.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Oh good god
    The marker will report any such notes or money to the sec immediately ... Do you really want to get off on the wrong foot with your examiner before they even start marking your paper ?

Can't be serious..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Oh good god

Okay, just in case anyone actually believed my last comment, I was obviously joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I heard if someone dies during the exam you have to leave them there until the exam is done :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

So if a person in your exam centre dies do you get to copy their answers? Shame to let their work go to waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

kingcobra wrote: »
    I heard if someone dies during the exam you have to leave them there until the exam is done :eek:

So long as they don't die in the first or last half an hour, it's no problem :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

So long as they don't die in the first or last half an hour, it's no problem :pac:

This is the truth, OP

30 minutes into the exam, the exam hall is officially declared as a free-for-all until the last half an hour. Your class is then free to sacrifice one your friends in return for an A2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

For a serious answer, I'm sure the exam will be canceled and everyone will sit the reserve paper for that exam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭iHappyPanda

mad turnip wrote: »
    For a serious answer, I'm sure the exam will be canceled and everyone will sit the reserve paper for that exam.
    what happens if the school gets blown up
    or even better some guys dressed as criminals come,hired by a student to come and interrupt the exam with a gun and terrify everyone and then leave.:eek::eek:

• Advertisement

what happens if the school gets blown up
    or even better some guys dressed as criminals come,hired by a student to come and interrupt the exam with a gun and terrify everyone and then leave.:eek::eek:

why don't you try it :)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭iHappyPanda

mad turnip wrote: »
    why don't you try it :)?
    I will but if I get caught I have your quote so I will re-direct this to the garda saying you told me to do it :D
    I don't know who you are, I don't where you came from
    But I will hunt, and I will find you, and I will kill you :cool:

I will but if I get caught I have your quote so I will re-direct this to the garda saying you told me to do it :D
    I don't know who you are, I don't where you came from
    But I will hunt, and I will find you, and I will kill you :cool:

Sounds good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

If someone draws a penis on your exam paper, the examiner reserves the right draw on pubic hair before sending it off to the SEC.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

If someone draws a penis on your exam paper, the examiner reserves the right draw on pubic hair before sending it off to the SEC.
    Pubic hair implies a certain age and maturity.

Just sayin' ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement