Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going abroad with invalidity pension

Options
  • 29-05-2013 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am getting invalidity pension in Ireland and I am shortly going to move away to another EU state. I am entitled to take my pension with me.

What is the correct procedure to advise the department that I am exercising my right to move abroad and retain the pension?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Invalidity Pension can be paid abroad by direct payment to a financial institution. If you intend going abroad to live please contact the Invalidity Pension Payments Section at the address below.

From here http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/4177_How-do-I-get-my-payment.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Is there any particular form needed? Do I have to give reasons for moving abroad?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Is there any particular form needed? Do I have to give reasons for moving abroad?
    Dont know,you will have to ask the dept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.
    As they will continue to pay the invalidly pension, they will have a interest in the move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

It might be better to get your pension paid as normal into your account in Ireland as opposed to getting it paid into a foreign bank account.
    At least this way you can choose when to transfer the money into your account abroad and more importantly you can choose who you get your FX rate from as the bank rate would be a rip off. Would be interested in how you get on once you contact SW as i may be in a similar position soon

Advertisement