Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo TX-313 AV Receiver - iProducts/USB/HDMI 5.1 Home Theatre - €179 [Amazon DE]

Options
  • 29-05-2013 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I wish i had the cash for this, it is a great piece of kit for that price.

Edit - I'm going to see if i can buy it.. :)

Programmable, you can add devices to go through it.
    Using the remote, control, TV/Blu Ray/Xbox/TV Decoder/Stereo etc..

It is €189.41 to Parcel Motel (+ €3.50)
    Or
    €204.27 delivered to your door.

Onkyo TX-313 AV Receiver iPod/iPhone USB HDMI 5.1 Home Theatre Amplifier - €179.99
    • 5 X 100 W
    • Front USB port for direct digital connection of iPod / iPhone
    • Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio
    • Converters Burr-Brown 24-bit / 192 kHz
    • 3 digital inputs (2 optical and 1 coaxial)
    • 6 audio inputs including 4 video
    • 4 inputs and 1 HDMI 1.4-compatible 3D and Audio Return
    Product Description

The Onkyo TX-313 is a powerful AV receiver that confidently handles a wide range of modern devices.
    The system's roots in compatibility with modern digital devices is made clear with its 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output for connecting the Onkyo amplifier to games consoles, Blu-Ray players and other HD input sources.
    An iPod/iPhone-compatible USB input is also available for playback of MP3s and FLAC format audio files. Your MP3s can also profit from the system's switchable algorithm that optimised your files' audio quality.
    Highlights
    • WRAT-based 5.1 AV surround receiver with 192kHz / 24 bit D/Aconverter from Burr-Brown
    • 4 HDMI inputs / 1 HDMI output
    • MP3 and iPod/iPhone-compatible USB interface
    • Ability to connect to speaker a second speaker pair
    • Wide range of analogue and digital connection options forlarger setups
    • FM/AM radio tuner with 40 station presets and RDS support
    • Direct mode for unprocessed sound results
    • Integrated MP3 optimisation

Dimensions
    • 43.5 x 15 x 31.8cm (W x H x D)
    • Weight: 7.6kg

Included
    • 1 x Amplifier
    • 1 x Remote control with 2 x AA batteries
    • 1 x FM antenna
    • 1 x AM antenna

It's over €300 anywhere else. Some places it's over €400.

31Dw4R1PQDL._SX385_.jpg
    81JQpZkIjrL._SX385_.jpg

Part of me thinks this may be a mis-price, but with Amazon spain honouring the Printer last week, I want to go for it..

I think i have €300 "Spending" money.. But i need other things.. I only want this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I've been looking for a speaker solution for PC, xbox and tv and was just going to go with this.

I was going to route all my HDMIs to the TV and then hook the optical output to the speakers.

In true Bargain Alerts style tell me I should buy the Onkyo instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

This won't fit in a parcel motel locker will it? Am seriously tempted but I just bought a new phone and need to justify this, is it a really good model?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

draffodx wrote: »
    This won't fit in a parcel motel locker will it? Am seriously tempted but I just bought a new phone and need to justify this, is it a really good model?

Yep, it should fit.
    Dimensions of Onkyo
    • 43.5 x 15 x 31.8cm (W x H x D)
    Parcel Motel rooms can hold items weighing up to 10kgs and are available in 3 convenient sizes:
    • Standard (small) 8 X 38 X 64 cm (Ideal for books, DVDs or CDs)
    • Executive (medium)19 X 38 X 64 cm (For items such as clothing and footwear)
    • Suite (large) 41 X 38 X 64 cm (For larger items such as small kitchen appliances and games consoles)

As for "Is it a really good model?"

Probably not really good. It does get a little warm, and sometimes the sound may need a little tweaking, but at that price, I am going to go for it. (For a really good model, look at €1,000 and up)
    Two of my friends have one, (One bought it on the back of the first one), and one paid €250 (As a bargain) 3-4 months ago, first one, I don't know how much he paid, or when.

But IMO, well worth it. I need to buy two other things first, costing me €100 ish. So i am trying to lower that, so i can buy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

I've an Onkyo 5.1 receiver and speakers that I got about 5 years ago from ibood. Fantastic quality but without the Usb.

However, if you run your ps3, xbox, sky etc through it via HDMI and into your TV, the receiver MUST be powered on, even if you only want to use the TV speakers. The HDMI pass through requires it. These units are power hungry too, so beware your leckie bill.

Worth it for the oomph imo, but do make sure you get a decent 5.1 speaker set to go with it.

I'm thinking this is only the receiver and the other prices you saw included speakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

This package is on my Amazon wish list, do you know would this one be better value compared to this package?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HT-S4505-Channel-Receiver-Speaker-Package/dp/B007YMN306/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2UVW99GIUKLO8&coliid=I3SNDOIRMN8RJB

• Advertisement

I'm looking a little more into it, and it seems there may be a sort of sale on the Amazon Germany site for them. But not mentioned anywhere on the site or shops of the sellers...

For €239 + Shipping the Onkyo TX-NR414 (6 HDMI ports, Ethernet and 400w)

Onkyo HT-S4505 €379 + Shipping (UK is £375 (€440))

A review here for the one in the OP and others
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57376586-221/onkyos-2012-midrange-receiver-line-goes-up-to-8-hdmi-inputs/

Not many reviews for the HT-S4505, but the one i did read was positive. (€200 more expensive though.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Ibood had the 414 model twice in recents weeks/months for about 215 euros delivered so wouldnt consider price in first post anything special. The 313 is 199 euros on most of the other german sites (search idealo.de).

http://uk-en.forum.ibood.com/34574-onkyo_t-nr414_receiver/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Not commenting specifically on any of the amps listed but tbh of you want a good 5.1 system with a good quality decoder for home use and you're not an audiophile (basically like 99.99% of us) then 400 or so on an Onkyo 5.1 receiver and speakers with USB and 3D compatible is a good place to spend your money.

It's not a lot when you look at what you 'could' spend and it 'will' last. You'll love the sound those things pump out. They come with the audessey setup which is a mic that you place where you normally sit and the system optimises the sound to those seats. The sub will kick your ass at half power. Those newer ones appear to have on screen displays which mine doesn't. Not sure what the ethernet is for, maybe firmware update our even android control?

Even cheaper options like soundbars aren't cheap and have no expansion options. The PC speakers might be good for bedrooms.

I'd happily recommend onkyo to anyone.

Yeah, and some of them have picture-in-picture HDMI input source, allowing you to preview your other HDMI sources.

The ethernet is for streaming services.

The TX-NR414 has HDMI-linked overlaid on-screen display, This is the one i am now looking at..

No way can i afford that for another week or two.. :(

Horribly annoying voice, and repeating of the name, but if you can get past it.

That's actually the most annoying video I've watched in a long time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I was looking at 414 on ibood but came across a lot of issues with audio dropouts so gave it a miss.

I have a samsung 7.2 receiver but looking for something with ARC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Hey,

I think the product but have little knowledge abt it, few questions:

I am moving soon and will be buyinh a new LED TV 40' will this work with most modern TVs
    I have never had a separate sound system on a day by day basis how to people use it i.e. play music/radio etc..
    Does it work like a media player?
    How much extra for speakers.

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

What 5.1 speakers would people suggest with these?

quarryman wrote: »

I deleted my last two posts, because i became transfixed on two sets that can't be gotten easily.

Now i'm looking at (maybe)

THESE - CANTON MOVIE 85 CX-2

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Thegarlad

quarryman wrote: »

I have the Jamo A102 5.1 speakers, would defenitley recommend for the Onkyo. Bought them from tekshop247.com a while back for about £250 including delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hynsey

I have an old (5 years) Onkyo + Jamo speaker set up. Amazing sound experience. Highly recommend this combination. These prices are great. I spent circa 500 on my Onkyo (can't remember model, am at work)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I dont think this will fit in Parcel Motel.

I got the Onkyo HTS4505 (which was a package than contained speakers too, so i cant comment on the exact size of the box) but this reciever looks the same as mine(or at least very similar to).

The dimensions quoted are probably for just the reciever, the box will be bigger, and Amazons box will be bigger again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I got the Onkyo HTS4505 (which was a package than contained speakers too, so i cant comment on the exact size of the box) but this reciever looks the same as mine(or at least very similar to).

The dimensions quoted are probably for just the reciever, the box will be bigger, and Amazons box will be bigger again.

Amazon love putting stuff in huge boxes. It's like boxception with them! If you live near a PM depot, I think you can collect an oversize parcel for the same fee (provided it doesn't go over the dimensional size)

Would it not fit in the "Suite"? - You could be right though, they do put massive boxes around stuff for padding etc..

I am lost with the speakers.
    I looked until very late last night.
    I'm going to find out what ones my friend has, his set up sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I got a similar amp (TX-SR309) with a set of canton speakers(Movie 70) last year from ibood. Think they were about €350 all in. seems like this one has an extra hdmi in port which would be about the only thing Id like in mine.

I have 2 bugbears with mine. When you switch to a new channel, it displays the audio format momentarily & then switches to the channel name, unlike most amps. The screenshots of this model all display the audio format on the screen so hard to know if this affects them. & the other thing is that when you play a sound there is about a 2 second delay before the sound hits the speakers.

Both are very minor issues in the grand scheme of things. It was very easy to setup & the sound is savage. Would have no problem recommending either.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Thegarlad wrote: »
    I have the Jamo A102 5.1 speakers, would defenitley recommend for the Onkyo. Bought them from tekshop247.com a while back for about £250 including delivery

I have the Onkyo TX-SR507B and the Jamo A102 speaker setup. Paid about £190 for the speakers on Amazon towards the end of 2010. Speakers are great for the price.

The next Onkyo I buy will have 3D support, more HDMI out, Ethernet and USB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

If you are looking for a receiver for music too, I would recommend an audio amp, not an AV one.
    I have an onkyo CRN755, and it's great for music, streams from my NAS using DNLA. And for sound from my tv, I just plug in to the optical digital input on my amp.
    I have a set of Dali Zensor 1s and the sound is A1 for film or music.

What about these speakers?

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B001GQ3D7E/ - €139

They're £179 on Amazon UK (€208)

and they get good reviews

here - http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews110738.html
    and
    here - http://www.testfreaks.com/hifi-speakers/jbl-scs-200-5/

and a few other sites. I haven't seen them below 4 stars out of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

For anybody going for this, don't skimp of speaker cable ... you would be very surprised how much the quality of cable affects the output of speakers however good the amp and speakers are.

The amp look like a great deal BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

keith_d99 wrote: »
    For anybody going for this, don't skimp of speaker cable ... you would be very surprised how much the quality of cable affects the output of speakers however good the amp and speakers are.

The amp look like a great deal BTW

http://consumerist.com/2008/03/03/do-coat-hangers-sound-as-good-monster-cables/

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Maybe there is some truth to that.
    But I think there would be some difference between using a tiny bellwire sized cable V a decent size speaker cable.

Im sure the monster cable is just mostly marketing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

It's showing at €237 on that link :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

My flatmate recently broke my last receiver, was going to pull the trigger on this as wages have just come in. New price, I'm not so enthusiastic about..

It's showing at €237 on that link :confused:
    TPD wrote: »
    My flatmate recently broke my last receiver, was going to pull the trigger on this as wages have just come in. New price, I'm not so enthusiastic about..

I checked, and apparently Amazon Spain and Germany have dropped the price on it twice in the last 4 months. So it probably will come down again, but who knows when..

All my fecking around looking for speakers.. :(

I decided to go for these http://www.amazon.de/Canton-Movie-85-CX-Lautsprecher-System/dp/B00452G6KW/

Fat lot of good it's gonna be now.

Lads I watch a lot of movies but I'm clueless about this stuff. If you have five speakers doesn't that mean you'll have cables running all over the shop? Wouldn't you need a subwoofer or something? And therefore more cables?

• Advertisement

Lads I watch a lot of movies but I'm clueless about this stuff. If you have five speakers doesn't that mean you'll have cables running all over the shop? Wouldn't you need a subwoofer or something? And therefore more cables?

Yes a subwoofer is the .1 part of 5.1 or 7.1.

Consider some cable ducting if you want to hide the cables. You can get it in a colour to match your skirting.

Advertisement