Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Login issues

Options
  • 29-05-2013 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭

My problem is that every time I come back to the site and have to enter my login details, it doesn't recognise my password and asks me to reset it, so I do. I can log in fine then for that single session.

The next time I come back, I enter the new password from the earlier reset, and it doesn't recognise and asks me to reset again. I then get frustrated and re-enter the passward a couple of times to make sure I haven't made a mistake, and then it locks me out.

I am absolutely certain that I am entering the right password because at this stage, I am using the same password every time I reset.

Does anyone know how I can sort this out?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Usual first steps are to clear any cookies and saved passwords. It's possible your browser is attempting to auto login or auto fill the fields with old credentials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Does anyone know how I can sort this out?

Every time this problem has cropped up previously it turns out that the user is attempting to log in with their email address and not their Boards.ie username. You can only use your email address when resetting your password, not when you're logging in. Are you trying to log in with your email address?

Danny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement