Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine abroad?????

Options
  • 29-05-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere to study medicine in Europe? Really appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

My cousin did a Leaving Cert that wouldn't have gotten him near medicine in Ireland, he went and did a business degree and then had an epiphany that he wanted to be a doctor. He managed to get it in the Czech Republic, it's meant to be a lot easier to get into there, had to pick up the language too, but hey, at aged 30 he qualified as an intern at long last :pac: I can ask him for more info if you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You can do it in Hungary im pretty sure and it's quite easy to get in. It's through German through. It's quite cheap like €4,000 considering if you did it post graduate here it's really expensive. You can do medicine post graduate here but it isn't cheap at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

meleanor wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere to study medicine in Europe? Really appreciate it!

Ireland is in Europe, it's much cheaper for you too. Why do you want to go abroad? Unless you have a specific reason or it is not much more expensive you are probably best off staying put. You can do placements abroad and such with med as far as I know too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lollipops13

anyone know of a way to do it with no hpat this year? I am a LC with HUGE regrets lost confidence but after pres I know it is all I want to do but I have no hpat and I'm not mainto a gap year. any suggestion? thanks

Advertisement