Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoover Service Calls & Warranties

Options
  • 29-05-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

This a note of warning to those who may be contacted/cold called to have their hoover serviced by a company in Scotland that have been doing the rounds and I have had phone calls from.

If your hoover is under warranty and they come to service it, the warranty is voided.

I specifically was offered a Dyson service and was cold called a few times despite opting out and being told I was taken off their list. My most recent experience has infuriated me, the details of which are off topic for this post.

The scottish company is discussed on another thread here and the sales techniques have come across as disingenuous by those posting there. I have reported them to Dyson and today have reported them again to a Consumer Agency in Scotland and Trading Standards.

Note: I have no experience of the Irish operatives carrying out work on their behalf, I am voicing my issues and concerns about the Scottish sales side of things.

Mods - you might not approve of extending a closed thread but I feel that this issue is still open and if people have positive/negative experience to post that may help inform people. I have left out the name of the company but can provide it if is deemed appropriate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread as it was already discussed in another forum

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement