Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving a Tow Truck

Options
  • 29-05-2013 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Does anybody know if there is a "ticket" or certificate required to drive a tow truck?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Redsquigy wrote: »
    Does anybody know if there is a "ticket" or certificate required to drive a tow truck?

In addition to the appropriate licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

If it's over 3.5t you'll need a minimum of a C1 licence..

I.e. some Ford Transit/Fiat Ducato type ones will be under 3.5t, and can be driven on a car licence..

Any decent size truck will be over 3.5t though

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

Have all licences up to artic - but have been asked for a "ticket"/card. this is to do with a job application

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Never heard of one, we've a recovery truck here (work) and I'm not aware (but its for company use only - not public etc), is it for specific duty? Garda recovery?

It's my partner who has applied for this job and he just got a phone call asking him has he a ticket, he never heard of one either and he has towed on the motorways in the uk and here before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Could just be a misuse of terminology by whoever is offering him the job, they possibly meant does he hold the appropriate licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Its not CPC training they are referring to is it?

Quite a possibility - a recruitment company! Anyway he has rang them back and said he has all tickets so they are sending his cv off - fingers crossed - he has been out of work this two years and it's certainly not from the lack of applying for jobs:( - thanks anyway for all your replies - much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

I would say they are referring to one (or all) of the following -
    - CPC Training
    - RSA Tacograph Card
    - 'Safe Pass' Card

Silvera wrote: »
    I would say they are referring to one (or all) of the following -
    - CPC Training
    - RSA Tacograph Card
    - 'Safe Pass' Card

Hopefully that is what they are talking about - he has all of the above up to date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement