Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPV6 Corba Communication with a NameService for resolve of a service

Options
  • 29-05-2013 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭

Hi there - below is an error seen when trying to do a corba call from one ipv6 machine to another

2013-05-28 09:39:24.264  connection fault                           Generic Failure. Could not connect to name service, 10.44.77.37:55555:corbaloc::10.44.77.37:55555/NameService. Retrying...

The current call used is as follows

/opt/borland/bes/bin/nsutil -VBJprop ORBInitRef=NameService=corbaloc::\[${hostIPV6}\]:55555/NameService resolve com/swCompany/nms/umts/ranos/ThisService

Does anyone know what may be the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Start at the beginning and do a ping etc first to make sure basic connectivity is working. If it is then make sure the name service is running, test with another program (that is known to work). This might help narrow down the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭veryangryman

srsly78 wrote: »
    Start at the beginning and do a ping etc first to make sure basic connectivity is working. If it is then make sure the name service is running, test with another program (that is known to work).

Basics like this are fine. If i contact node via a seperate protocol, all is ok. The problem is that i need the first one to be contacted by the 55555 service to do some validation prior.

What does via a seperate protocol mean? You mean not the name service? Are you sure it's even running?

What does via a seperate protocol mean? You mean not the name service? Are you sure it's even running?

Its running. It works ok for ipv4 addressing.

Re: teh protocol question, My understanding is that we can get IIOP communication working ok but not a seperate protocol (the name escapes me)

Who cares if it works for ipv4 addressing, are you not going to bother testing it for ipv6 at all?

• Advertisement

Who cares if it works for ipv4 addressing, are you not going to bother testing it for ipv6 at all?

You asked are you sure its even running - i answered.

It=NameService

It must run regardless of ipv4 and ipv6.

Bump.

Just giving this one more attempt to see if anyone has any ideas

Advertisement