Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby bundle bargain alert!

Options
  • 28-05-2013 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hey folks, this may be of interest to the first time parents out there. Its virtually everything you need for baby, from travel system, to cot and bedding, to bottles, and everything in between! All for only €999 delivered.

http://www.babyzone.ie/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id=1668

Fantastic price for all that you get, I placed my order last night and they confirmed delivery today for next week. Cant wait, and no more shopping around!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ive no idea if this is good or not !! But ill keep an eye on it thanks :).

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Ive no idea if this is good or not !! But ill keep an eye on it thanks :).

The travel system has gotten great reviews and the baby elegance brand is getting a thumbs up so Im happy. :-)
    I'll post an update when they arrive!

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    The travel system has gotten great reviews and the baby elegance brand is getting a thumbs up so Im happy. :-)
    I'll post an update when they arrive!

Grand its way to early for me to be thinking of buying this stuff anyway but just seen it said id keep an eye on it.

When are you due? September for me so its time I started getting organised :-)

When are you due? September for me so its time I started getting organised :-)

My girlfriend :pac: is due in December so way to early!! lol.

• Advertisement

My girlfriend :pac: is due in December so way to early!! lol.

It'll be here before you know it! Congrats dada :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Pity they've no twin options :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It looks like a good deal but not an amazing one.
    It is worth shopping around and remembering that you can always get stuff on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Moonbeam wrote: »
    It looks like a good deal but not an amazing one.
    It is worth shopping around and remembering that you can always get stuff on sale.

I was thinking that - there's a lot of stuff in there that I just wouldn't bother with, and there's stuff I want to get that isn't included in that package. Shopping around is definitely recommended. I suppose the list of stuff is a good starting point for people who don't know where to start. I'll be keeping a close eye on the summer sales for the few bits & bobs I need to pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I found it was nice to buy the things for later stages ie high chair as you needed them. More to the point the high chair I'd have bought when I was pregnant would've been very different to the actual one I got.

I was obsessed with Tripp trapps when my son was a couple of months old but I bought a booster type chair from mothercare for €30 because we live in an apartment and his other things (bouncy chair, playmat etc) pretty much took up all the floor space so we didn't have room for a high chair. And the Tripp trapp, while lovely etc, was far too expensive.

• Advertisement

Each to their own I suppose. It works for me because I will use everything and I like the convenience of getting everything delivered in one swoop. And the products are getting thumbs up in reviews so im happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Pat that wasn't a criticism of your purchase btw. Just a comment on how my opinions on baby products changed over time :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is easier as you do not need to shop around and that is the big advantage:) you do end up with some things that you will never use though.

Each to their own I suppose. It works for me because I will use everything and I like the convenience of getting everything delivered in one swoop. And the products are getting thumbs up in reviews so im happy!

There's a lot to be said for convenience (although after over a decade of TTC unsuccessfully and failed IVF, I must admit I'm secretly LOVING looking at all the stuff in the baby shops!!)

Oh HS, I didn't read any criticism from your post :) Like I said, each to their own. What works for some, won't for others. I'm a convenience gal and a first time mum, and I need everything on that shopping list.

Nickpmup, I think you've more than earned the right to enjoy the baby shopping. Go nuts girl!
    I don't like shopping at the best of times tbh, god bless the internet

Oh HS, I didn't read any criticism from your post :) Like I said, each to their own. What works for some, won't for others. I'm a convenience gal and a first time mum, and I need everything on that shopping list.

Nickpmup, I think you've more than earned the right to enjoy the baby shopping. Go nuts girl!
    I don't like shopping at the best of times tbh, god bless the internet

My most immediate & pressing concern is maternity/nursing bras - I've gone from a 34D to a 36G! They don't go up much bigger!! Hope I don't increase much more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

Hey folks, this may be of interest to the first time parents out there. Its virtually everything you need for baby, from travel system, to cot and bedding, to bottles, and everything in between! All for only €999 delivered.

http://www.babyzone.ie/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id=1668

Fantastic price for all that you get, I placed my order last night and they confirmed delivery today for next week. Cant wait, and no more shopping around!!

Hey Pat,
    I just saw yuor post and have been going through it all on babyzone.ie. Did it all arrive?
    Will you let us know how you got on as I would be interested in buying similar.
    Thanks
    Beltzar

Hi Beltzar, it hasn't been delivered yet, I got a call today to say they're missing 4 items but they'll send the rest out tomorrow. They'll send the final 4 bits when they've got them in stock again.
    Will let you know how the first delivery is when it arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

Hi Beltzar, it hasn't been delivered yet, I got a call today to say they're missing 4 items but they'll send the rest out tomorrow. They'll send the final 4 bits when they've got them in stock again.
    Will let you know how the first delivery is when it arrives!

Hey Pat
    Curious re the package... did it arrive all ok?
    Thanks
    Beltzar

Hey Beltzar, apologies for the late reply, yes we got everything bar a few small items but I have to be honest, they're still in boxes. We're decorating the nursery this weekend and we'll be unpacking during the week then, assembling crib, etc. No point opening them and having stuff EVERYWHERE! Coz there's loads, 6 big boxes :-)
    I'll let you know re quality, etc once we're unpacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mags1978

Hi - Can you give me a review of the baby bundle? was it worth it? Still mulling over whether to go for it or not. seems too good/easy to be true..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

To me it seems like maybe there's a lot of "filler" stuff included that you don't really need ... and it doesn't include all the essentials, e.g. I'd consider a steriliser and a bouncer chair to be among the essential items, and neither of those are included.

I actually quite enjoyed researching and picking up what I think I'm going to need for the baby. With that package deal, taking out the travel system - which is €400 - it seems to me that €600 seems quite expensive for everything else? Especially when you're still going to have to buy steriliser etc as well. Also I'm not sure what those bottles are like? Plenty of deals on the likes of Avent etc at the moment!

I do get that it's very convenient though. :) But I wouldn't go for it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

mags1978 wrote: »
    Hi - Can you give me a review of the baby bundle? was it worth it? Still mulling over whether to go for it or not. seems too good/easy to be true..

I looked into this deal as I thought it seemed just so handy but when I looked into it I felt it was to restrictive and felt I was paying for things I didn't need/want. If you have the time you can shop around and get better value, that's what I did, amazon and argos are brilliant, as in guineys for sheets and blankets (better quality than baby elegance).
    e.g. Pram hook- buggy shop told me don't hang anything off handle of buggy as it can damage chasis and suspension.
    Mattress - I wanted a pocket sprung which I got online for €50
    Bumper set - These are not recommended as baby can pull them over their face.
    Bedding bag - I wanted only cellular blankets not fleece
    Bottles and teats - Am planning on breastfeeding but if I do bottle feed I want tommee tippee or dr browns
    Top and Tail bowl- I plan on using an ordinary plastic bowl in my house.
    Bath thermometer - you can actually get in these in dealz for €1.49 but I got the advent digital room and bath thermometer as I really wanted a room thermometer.
    There are things I wanted but were not included:
    Isofix base, steriliser, baby monitors and bouncer (I am sure there is more!!)
    On a side note baby elegance are doing 20% off at the minute I don't know if that would make the deal €800 but if you sign up for their catalogue you will get a 10% discount card for their dundrum store
    I got their catalogue and they other bundles which I think are actually better but they don't seem to advertise them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭lau1247

FYI for anyone interested, i saw this deal in Arnotts yesterday (same as OP), can be good to go in and have a look if you are still undecided or at least get a feel for what you will get.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement