Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign mobile with Banking 365 online

Options
  • 28-05-2013 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I've recently opened an account with BoI as a non-resident living in Germany. I have online banking working but you need codes for various steps. I requested that my German mobile be registered for this, giving in a 0049 prefix. Does anyone know if this will work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

murphaph wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I've recently opened an account with BoI as a non-resident living in Germany. I have online banking working but you need codes for various steps. I requested that my German mobile be registered for this, giving in a 0049 prefix. Does anyone know if this will work?
    Hi murphaph,

Thanks for posting.

You can register any mobile phone number as long as your network provider allows you to receive text messages from a financial institution.  

If you have any further queries please contact Banking 365 directly on 00353 1 4044000 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thanks again.

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Hi murphaph,

Thanks for posting.

You can register any mobile phone number as long as your network provider allows you to receive text messages from a financial institution.  

If you have any further queries please contact Banking 365 directly on 00353 1 4044000 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thanks again.

Seán
    Thanks Sean, I use the same phone to receive codes from my German bank so that's not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

murphaph wrote: »
    Thanks Sean, I use the same phone to receive codes from my German bank so that's not a problem.
    Just for anybody else finding this after a search: It works fine with a German (presume any) mobile any way. Codes come through without delay.

Advertisement