Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors teaching...

Options
  • 28-05-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭

Anyone here done lecturing time?

And, does a lecturer post count under the description "university lecturer" for the purposes of incremental credit as outlined in the NCHD contract?
    17. Incremental Credit
    a) Incremental credit is granted to the NCHD in respect of:
    i) previous employment as an NCHD in Ireland.
    ii) time spent gaining an B.Sc degree in an appropriate specialty (Pathology, Anatomy,
    Physiology),
    iii) time spent gaining a postgraduate qualification provided that during such time (s)he was
    actively engaged in hospital work,
    iv) time spent working as a junior lecturer in anatomy.
    v) time spent as a University Demonstrator between the completion of internship and
    appointment to a non-consultant medical post will be regarded as being equivalent to
    hospital experience for the purpose of determining an NCHD’s entry point to the scale
    and his / her eligibility for appointment to registrar grade.

Have a few other questions!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

Vorsprung wrote: »
    Anyone here done lecturing time?

And, does a lecturer post count under the description "university lecturer" for the purposes of incremental credit as outlined in the NCHD contract?

Have a few other questions!

Thanks

yes and yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Cheers Ryder, PM on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭drzhivago

Not necessarily
    depends what the lecturer post was in
    Pm me, have a lot of detail on this as it affected me

Advertisement