Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Grant 4th year + full time job

Options
  • 28-05-2013 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I was on BTEA for the past 3 years and getting Student Grant for the school. Over the 3rd year (workplace) i found paid job. I would like to continue to the 4th year.
    Now I want to switch school to part time and work full time.

How it is now with the grant? Do I have to pay the full amount for the school?

Thank you

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,031 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

lew1s wrote: »
    Hi,

I was on BTEA for the past 3 years and getting Student Grant for the school. Over the 3rd year (workplace) i found paid job. I would like to continue to the 4th year.

Thank you

Mike
    lew1s wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you

Mike

You can't get BTEA or a grant for a part time course. You will probably have to pay full fees for the course if it is a part time course. You could claim tax relief on the fees that you pay.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭lew1s

Do you know how much i can claim if i pay 4000€ for the one year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,031 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement