Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Media Remote & Airport Extreme Router

Options
  • 28-05-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I've been searching for a solution to this problem for a few days now with no luck. Maybe somebody here could shed some light. I'd really appreciate it.

I have a Sony TV that supports the Sony Media Remote iPhone app. I have the TV connected to my Airport Extreme router via cat5, and my iphone connected to same router via wifi. The instructions are simple, open app, search for device, register device. But my TV doesn't appear on the list of connected devices.

I think the problem is that Airport routers don't support upnp, and the media remote app uses that. I've looked for work arounds but can't find any. I thought I could port forward but can't find what ports the app uses etc...

I find it unusual that this problem isn't more common as airport routers and time capsules would be a pretty common router I would've thought. Or am I missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

For anybody searching for soution to this problem. I eventually solved it. Sony have released a new app called TV Sideview

It works immediately with apple routers, no upnp or port forwarding required. So if your sony tv supports the new app i'd give it a shot.

Advertisement