Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genuine Benson and Hedges Gold?

Options
  • 28-05-2013 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

My mum smokes Benson and Hedges Gold, lately she's noticed that the packets have Dubai or Las Vegas on them. She showed me a pack last night and it seems to have an Irish tax stamp on it but it also says Dubai on it. She's concerned that she's paying full price for dodgy cigarettes. She asked in the shop she bought them in and they said it was because its limited edition packaging.

I'm just wondering if it's limited edition packaging or if she's being ripped off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

They're kosher, it's the kind of marketing that's inspired the buffoon O'Reilly to bring about his latest triumph. It is despicable how the the cigarette companies are marketing now they can't advertise but plain packs are just a Beavis and Butthead reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 icetronix

It is a long tradition of B&H Gold to have "designer" labels once or twice a year. I have smoked B&H gold since 14 {28 now} and in the last 8+ years they have had "special" box art multiple times a year. It is actually funny that you made this post because i was talking to a friend the other day that was also concerned about the different box art and was taking the psss out of him calling him "one of those people", because B&H had to include a card in the packs a couple of years ago to reassure people that the cigarettes where real and the blend hadn't changed just the art work after people got very confused/worried about their favorite smoke.

/chuckle :P

Advertisement