Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

value of 06 ford focus tdci

Options
  • 28-05-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hi all..just looking for advice on the value of an 06 ford focus 1.6 tdci lx. it has 128k miles on the clock. full service history with turbo fitted 10k miles ago and timing belt fitted at 98k miles. looking to sell it privately on donedeal pretty quickly. have looked at similar cars and the prices seem to vary between 3500 (with vrt to be added) and 6000. what would be a reasonable price to help ensure a sale in 2 weeks approx?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say advertise it at €5350 and accept the closest to €5k if you need it gone within a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

the high-ish mileage is the only real factor that will slow down the sale. Just emphasis the good service history and that the car is well maintained. I would also mention the work done and have proof of that. Price mentioned above seems like a good figure and be flexible around that

• Registered Users Posts: 10 aor1

thanks for the responses lads..thats the value I had settled on actually, put it on donedeal at that price [5350] with good quality pictures from all angles. highlighted that it was serviced every 10k miles without fail and all invoices for work carried out available. just passed nct last week, 2 months tax and fully valeted. didn't get 1 call or text so after 3 days dropped the price to 4950-not 1 call or text in 2 days. just wanted to double check that I wasn't over valuing it. don't know how to link the ad but have looked through the forum and have followed the advice given. car is very clean with absolutely no damage to bodywork or paint.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4868506

There's your problem. I've no doubt your car is better in every way but money talks these days.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

There's your problem. I've no doubt your car is better in every way but money talks these days.

Seems way too cheap?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

that's interesting alright henry..very cheap alright..no details about mileage etc. mine is a hatchback which is more desirable? what would you put it up for? my own would be a lot cleaner than that estate.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Spelling and grammar nightmare! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

no I was looking for advice as to what an appropriate asking price should be..from looking at other cars for sale I came up with that figure..this figure has not generated any interest so I came to this forum looking for some advice on a price which might generate interest

• Advertisement

128k miles is not high for a 7 year old diesel car, that works out at less than 20k miles per year. Also motor tax on a pre 2008 1.6 litre engine is €514 per year which is hardly earth shattering for anyone looking for a frugal diesel car. How many pre 2008 diesel cars can you tax for less than that, most diesels of similar age are 1.8 - 2.0 litre?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

You actually have below average mileage for the current market. As has been said, advertise at €5.5k and you'll easily get €5k.

I currently have it up for 4950 with no texts or calls in 4 days...should I just sit tight with this price and hopefully should get some interest soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

aor1 wrote: »
    I currently have it up for 4950 with no texts or calls in 4 days...should I just sit tight with this price and hopefully should get some interest soon?

I won't hold tough until Tuesday/Wednesday of next week.

I'd give it another few days, 4 days is not along time. If you are willing to just accept a lot less than your asking price and need it gone asap then price it aggressively but remember no matter how cheaply you ask for it someone will still expect to haggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

so wrong!
    aor1 wrote: »

i'd sit tight at that. its a good price for your car (which sounds in good condition)

you'd pay between 5-6k for a 05 petrol in a dealership, so i think 4950 is fair in a private sale for a newer diesel model.

sound lads..thanks for the advice. ill leave it at that price for another week or so and if there is still no interest ill reconsider the asking price

Well lads got my first phoncall today about car -had it sold an hour later for asking price! Thanks for the advice

Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lucky the Op didn't follow your "advice".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Lucky the Op didn't follow your "advice".

To be fair I don't think Mr Ford was trying to suggest that the OP should sell their car for the same price as the bucket of sh1t he posted the link to. More so that a lot of people in the market for that kind of car will not know the difference between said bucket of sh1t and the OP's genuine example.

However you only need one genuine buyer for each genuine car, as the OP has proved. Both genuine buyers and genuine cars are thin on the ground on Donedeal so sometimes you have to wait it out for the right buyer (or car if you are on the other side of the equation)

Advertisement