Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City "Available Jobs" thread

Options
  • 27-05-2013 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055976563&page=29

The available jobs thread over in the cork city forum seems to have gotten out of hand altogether.
    People dont seem to understand that users of boards.ie who follow the thread get alerted when a new "available job" post goes up, and then when they log in to check what it is its usually something like....oh electric, what are they like to work for?........or ...............anyone know of any vets hiring?..........or .......anyone know of anyone taking on students for the summer.

Its beyond frustrating.
    I've tried the 2 mods that I can find but havent received anything back from "Castie" or "Andip", (Not giving out about them, this is a voluntary thing and everyones time is precious).

Just wondering if someone can do something about the thread as all warnings are being ignored at this stage.

Thanks
    ACV

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP since this isn't DRP related.

If the mods aren't about to answer, then PM the cat mods instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there.

Thanks for your feedback. I can understand your frustration. I will request that the local mods enforce the 'no general discussion' clause in the thread so that any post are meaningful & relevant to the thread.

Please report any posts that contravene this & we can take care of the rest. But, as you rightly acknowledge - we are all volunteers & sometimes it takes a bit of time to get around to do the actual tidy-up.

Thanks again,

tHB

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

I have been the one to add all the warnings to that thread. (and created it)

It doesnt seem to stop people though.
    I have infracted sooo many people for discussion in that thread but its not deterring people.

Have removed the junk from this month alone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

Hi Castie,
    Thanks for that.
    Its really annoying when people pay no heed to whats clearly stated in the thread title and in a number of warnings on the thread also.

As you say warnings and infractions are "not deterring people", maybe bans are the way to go. This has been ongoing for a long time now.

I don't want to be seen to be back seat modding though so I'll let ye make the call on that.

Thanks again for your help.

ACV

Advertisement