Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading ram on a macbook pro

Options
  • 27-05-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Would anyone be able to tell me if I can upgrade my macbook pro from 4gb ram to 8gm?

I'm not sure what you need to know about the laptop to determine this and also if I can where is the cheapest place to buy it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 renegade909

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

This will probably be moved to the Mac forum, but it would help if you could post the specific MacBook Pro you have.

Assuming there aren't any MacBook-specfic issues, like getting access to the slots you can find the type of memory you need on the Crucial Memory Advisor tool. As well as the type of memory you need, it will also tell you the max RAM for your MacBook. If you want to buy locally, you can do so off memoryc.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

+1 for memoryc.ie, I used them for RAM for my MBP. Fast delivery and decent prices.

My suggestion would be to use the memory scanner on crucial.com and use the info you get to order the memory from memory.ie.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

double post for some reason - sorry.

Advertisement